Thursday, May 20, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy and it's just going to get Busier

Wow. I didn't realize it had been a month today since I last blogged. Life is just so busy. I don't know even where to start. I know there's that's happened before but I'm going to begin with ladies retreat. It was a great ladies retreat. We were so blessed to have the Perkins here. I have known Sister Perkins for many years through IYC. Last year, we shared a room with her as I flew into North Carolina and rode with the Williams to IYC and so did Sister Deborah. We shared a late night of talking, laughing and crying. As I sought the Lord for an evangelist for ladies retreat, it was made very clear to me it was to be her. BUT she is deathly afraid of heights and had never flown. We promised her we wouldn't bring her without bringing Brother Danny. It's always fun watching someone lean on the Lord to conquer fears and that she did. When I talked to her when she got to Seattle she said she felt the Lord just carried through the air to Seattle. Flying standby can be tough but everything went so smoothly for them.

We then had a great retreat with 15 in attendance and 5 babies. Only 4 of us were over the age of 30. It was a blessed retreat as everyone helped out with the babies and the Lord ministered through classes and messages. We were able to take the Perkins to Hatchers Pass and once again watching God work was great as for a moment Sister Deborah laid her head down and grabbed my hand with her cold clammy hand only to sit back up, determined to enjoy every minute. That she truly did. Saturday night we had a shower for Jessa. Though we were all exhausted the ladies and Levi had great laughs together once again. Sunday night we were blessed as the Holy Ghost moved in our worship and as Sister Perkins preached on Joseph. It was a glorious time in the Lord.

Monday we headed to Portage Glacier and Seward. Such sweet fellowship we had along the way as enjoyed the handiwork of our Lord. We came back so Brother Nowling could go to work and we headed to Earthquake Park (Joleesa joined us) where Sister Deborah could FINALLY see HOW the Sleeping Lady was the Sleeping Lady.

Brother Danny and Brother Nowling are so much a like it was pretty awesome. I am so glad they had their time together as well. Here in Alaska there aren't too many people our age as we are blessed with such a young church. We LOVE THEM ALL DEARLY. But it is such a treasure when we find a couple like the Perkins where you just enjoy yourself thoroughly talking about the Lord and life in general. The men are so a like that even when we went out to eat, twice they both ordered the exact same thing... We came home and Joleesa built a fire in the fire pit and our Southern friends enjoyed a crisp night around the fire telling stories about our families.

Tuesday Jessa joined us and we went downtown and met Jenna for brunch and then we shopped the souvenir shops. Brother Danny became a man of few words again amongst all of us women but he was patient with us as we spent 5 hours shopping. Then we headed home and Levi met us and we went to the Sour Dough Mining Company for dinner.

We were so blessed to have them in our home. Now my plate is full trying to get ready for camp. Work has been hugely stressful for several weeks along with everything else so please pray for me.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I'm SO GLAD Sister Deborah was able to lean on the Lord to conquer her fear of flying. I'm anxious to hear from her how much I know she enjoyed it. She'd shared with Sister Bishop and I how frightened she was to fly and we just kept encouraging her that she could do it! I know her family is counting it a miracle that she even considered it. :-) And I'm so happy you got to take them to all the great sight-seeing places. Did they take lots of pictures? Is Hatcher Pass where you took Brother Smith, Sister Bishop and I? The other places I know well.
I spoke with Brother Dustin a couple of days ago and he told me you weren't coming to IYC. I'm praying God will work it all out where you will be there, just like ALWAYS! God's timing is always perfect. He knows what's best.
Thanks for putting up a new post. It's been too long since we've heard from you!

J Nowling said...

We were soooo blessed to have Sister Deborah here. Yes, they took lots of pictures. Or I should say, Brother Danny took lots of pictures as she kept saying, "Danny take that picture". It was so funny.

No unfortunately we didn't know about Hatcher's Pass yet when you were here. It is absolutely beautiful. You'll have to come back so we can take you there.

It's truly up to God if I'll be at IYC as it all depends on when Levi and Jessa's little Noah decides to come. It'll really be strange not to go. I've done it for soooo many years.