Sunday, October 11, 2009

For Jessa

Jessa is telling me I need to blog so she has something to read at work...I love you Jessa.

I haven't blogged as there hasn't been too much new to blog about. Ever since getting back from the assembly and then Juneau I have been swamped at work. More accurately put I feel like I have been drowning. All newspaper businesses is full of deadlines. With the economy in a down slope we are trying all kinds of things to help the businesses to continue advertising so they can still grow their business and also ours. The last two months have very slow on my desk but this month it seems like it's raining down ads. I have to watch that I don't complain as this is a good thing. Couple this problems with our press causing my clients ads to run dark (thus having to gravall and give credits) and with yahoo sales that are tedious and a moving target of inventory, there have been days that I've had things given to me and said I need it before the end of day. Friday our Financial analyst that's office is right next to mine, came out and told me to remember to breathe. I have been going 100 miles an hour plus and by the time I get home the stress release takes several hours. I'd like to say next week should be better but I can't as my co-worker is on vacation and I have to cover his desk while still dealing with my own work. BUT God ALWAYS gets me through.

We have minister's convention this next weekend. So I also try to pull the state financial report together (thus why everyone else is taking their Sunday nap and I'm not as I need to work on that as soon as I get done with post). I have my ABM boost to pull together. God has put something on my heart that may seem quite different but I know that if God is in it it will minister. Then shock of all shocks, Brother Grant put me on to actually preach the Saturday evening message. "Let no man despise thy youth". Someone said but you're not a youth...oh Lord why did you give me this burden for youth so late it my life. I've tried to lay it down and relinquish it for someone else to pick up the mantel because my body is just not allowing me to do all that I need it to, but God WILL NOT release me. As I prepare for this message I truly feel the Lord is so many directions. I desire God to use me to minister as He desires to through me.

Friday night I would not allow myself do anything but relax as well as yesterday morning and afternoon. I went out to eat with Brother Nowling only to have him go down a one way the wrong way. He caught himself right away and was backing back into the road he turned off and it was a police car that let him in and then proceeded to pull him over as well as have another officer pull up. He told the officer the truth and said he just spaced out which road he was turning on and PTL they checked his license and told us to be careful.

Yesterday I did some shopping, nothing major just felt good to get out. Last night I worked on the bulletin, the monthly state books, played a game of bowling on wii and went to bed but was up until the wee hours of the morning praying for one of our young people who was in desperate need of God's intervention.

This morning we had a good SS (I really miss teaching the youth though), worship and message. Now I must get the state finance report done. If I don't do it today I'll be having to do it in the evenings after hard days at work when I'm brain dead. So until the next time.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I'll be praying for your sanity, strength and God's wisdom.
What's up with Brother Nowling's driving? I've been (pretty) faithful to pray for him every day. I'm pretty sure I prayed for him yesterday and I know I did today. I got his stone at IYC, you know.

Jessa Stephens said...

Wahoo! Glad you posted! That's too funny about dad. He such a pokey driver. Well, i guess a better word would be "cautious". =)

Hope things calm down for you soon!!

Love you