Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!

No original title I know, I'm following the crowd.

Yesterday was a great day. I got off work at 2 pm and called the Suttons telling them if it would make things easier for them, I'd watch Braden well they did all their shopping. They hesitated at first and wanted to call me back. I am so glad they took me up on it. It made my day and night. I love that little boy. He's my little man and he's such a cute little man and so good. Sorry mom and dad he felt so much love from us he didn't miss you at all ;o) Seriously, the only time he cried was when he was hungry and then had a bit of gas. Later in the evening I rocked him to sleep. As he was sleeping in my arms, I started to doze off and I was afraid I'd drop him. He woke up when I laid him on the floor so I went and laid down with him on the love seat and he slept on (and I took a little nap) until my arm was hurting so bad from being in the same position for too long. Micah and Megan came over to share the last of the old year and bring in the new year and when they came in Micah offered to take him. He picked him the little guy slept on. He continued to sleep on as he was later passed to Megan. We woke him up when his mommy came home. As Brother Bobby and Micah went to finish up the shopping Sister Annette, Jenna, Megan and I played I Buy. Annette got her hopes up that she would win...it was short lived when I went out in the 5th round sticking everyone. We all weren't totally in the game (you know one of those games where you keep having to ask who's turn it was). At about 8 minutes to midnight the guys got back and somewhere in there Dallas and Joleesa came and we counted down to 2010. The icing on a great day was fire works. I was wanting to go see the fireworks downtown but considering the temperture and the crowds didn't even suggest it. We have 4 big bay windows and then a patio door throughout the living room and dining room. We looked up after midnight and saw fire works going off all around us. It was a clear night and you could see the mountains behind the fireworks. The ooohs and ahhhs inside the warmth of my very own home made a perfect beginning for 2010. It was after 2 am before Annette and I went to bed. Sorry sister, it felt so good to visit.

This morning I got up to take Bobby to return the van. Came back and Brother Nowling and I both took our vehicles to take them and ALL their stuff to the airport. Those two have been in a whirlwind with making this move. Their spirit is so at peace as they KNOW they are in the perfect will of God. From a voice of experience, that is one of the best places to be. Because they were over the limit for their luggage, I was given an excuse to fly over to Bethel next Saturday. I'll just take the morning flight over and the last flight back, but it's my pleasure to assist them and be with them and my little man. Maybe I'll do alright as a grandmommy after all (and I also think I found what I want my grand kids to call me, if there mom's and dad's are ok with it seeing as I haven't even mentioned it to them yet).

This afternoon I was a sluggard. I napped off and on and then was going to go to Tim Osborne's wedding rehearsal with Brother Nowling (who's a groomsmen ~ that seems weird and cool at the same time), Jenna who's the photographer and Levi who's doing the video recording but Jessa wasn't feeling well today and had been home all day, so I asked if Levi would drop her off I would stay home. I was afraid I'd have a hard time keeping my mouth shut and try to help when my may not be wanted if I went to the rehearsal so perfect plan. So I got to spend quality time with my oldest daughter, which I rarely get. She had a migraine and throwing up and the baby really doesn't like meat so she asked if I had the stuff to make homemade macaroni and cheese. I had just been thinking about how that sounded good...so macaroni and cheese with my oldest daughter. Another perfect part to the new year.

Off and on throughout the date I was thinking about what is my main desire/prayer for 2010. One word came back to me again as it was towards the latter part of 2009...WISDOM. If I could have only one request for 2010 it would be wisdom for ALL the things that 2010 will bring. He's never failed me yet and I know if I will allow Him to, He will give me HIS wisdom when I need it.

So I end as I began Happy New Year, my dear friends and family!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Sounds like a nice, peaceful start to 2010. May God lead us in His perfect will this year. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5). "Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet NOT THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the WISDOM OF GOD in a mystery, even the HIDDEN WISDOM, WHICH GOD ORDAINED before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which MAN'S WISDOM teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ" (1 Cor. 2:6-16). God, grant us Your wisdom and save us from our own; and give us the mind of Christ in 2010. Amen!

Jessa Stephens said...

At least when you post. You REALLY post. mmm that homemade maccoroni and cheese was SOooooooooo goooooooood..........!!!!!