Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Post

Quite the unique title huh. Well it's because not a lot happening these days. I did fly over to Bethel on Saturday as to take the rest of Sutton's supplies to them. I don't what it is about Southerners but 1 thank you is enough. I without a doubt know they were very appreciative as they thanked me over and over, and over, and over, and over again. They just don't understand it's because they're my "neighbor" that I did it. Seriously, it was my pleasure. There was a guy in the security line that I was insane for flying over on the noon flight and coming back on the 9 pm flight, although I think we was finding it hard to believe that I was leaving Anchorage from Bethel. He was kind of strange. I don't mind flying when it's a short flight like to Bethel. It's only an hour. Not what Brother or Sister wouldn't take an hour drive to help out someone in need knowing they'll enjoy the opportunity of being with them as well. My hour drive was just through the air instead of on the ground. I'm blessed to be able to fly for free and I really was blessed to have that time with them. Top that off with the pleasure of seeing my "nephew" Braden again. I love that little man. He is just adorable. He truly has helped me get use to the idea of being a grandma. I wanted to put him in my suitcase and bring him home as I had two empty ones for him to choose between; but I got the "eye" from mommy when I mentioned that and decided to behave myself. I always enjoy a chance to play games with Isaiah so it was a great visit, minus the flight attendant welcoming us to the flight heading to Hawaii and then proceeding to say, I mean Bethel where the temperature is 1 degree and windy. The sun was shining brightly but the wind was bitterly cold. Give me Anchorage, the 20+ degrees, blue skies and no wind. But I traded it for the fellowship of some Bethel Saints.

In other news I am experiencing my daughters pregnancies at opposite ends of the spectrum. Joleesa's love/hate experience of the somersaults, kick boxing, etc of her little girl and counting down the day she arrives. While Jessa is experiencing the excitement of hearing the heartbeat but facing morning sickness coupled with migraines. I have to frequently take a deep breath and say this the next chapter of my life unfolding and say WOW!!!

Work has picked unbelievably. It's like I've lived through a week in just two days but that's not a bad thing.

Next week Brother Nowling and I going to sneak away to sunny California in celebration of his birthday that is this Friday and my December birthday that we didn't get to go anywhere. We're visiting my college girl friends Mary and Susan Song. They were in our wedding and then I was in Mary's wedding about 4 years later and we lost track of them but found them through facebook. I am so excited to see them again. They have actually managed to get us a couple of free hotel rooms. One being at the Disneyland Hotel (which is a gorgeous hotel) and another at Cottage Inn hotel that Mary's daughter's boyfriend manages. They also got a free gift certificate for dinner. So we'll be in Anaheim, Newport Beach and then we hope to take a day trip over to Catalina Island. The timing for this is great. We need to get away to some sun, spend some time together and do it all before the grand babies and Megan and Micah's baby comes. So Joleesa's little girl has got to behave herself and be nice to mommy well were away and definitely wait until we come back before even pretending to want to make her debut and then when we get back life as we know it will be a thing of the past. But I'm as ready as I'll ever be for the lives God has awaiting for us.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Your vacation sounds WONDERFUL! And CHEAP. :-) How fun! Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures.

Unknown said...

i want to go to Newport beach! Besides the vineyards in northern cali, it's the only other place i'd want to go. Why? Cause that's where Christy Miller hangs out! Remember the Robin Jones Gunn books? Her Christy Miller series are set in California, most in Newport Beach.

So.. someday..

Enjoy the sun!