Sunday, August 08, 2010

Ready, Get Set....

Well crunch time for IYC and the assembly is right before me. I really didn't think I would be going to International Youth Camp this year as Jessa was due on the 31st of July and that would be just too soon for this grandma to live her daughter, son-in-law and grandson. But God had other plans and IYC here I come. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal for me to miss IYC but it's been so many years that I have gone that I actually can't imagine not going. I am really looking forward to that. There are two things that are on the down side, my husband won't be at IYC and still definitely need your prayers as to be able to make it to the assembly. He has only one hour yes, just ONE HOUR to get someone to work for him as for him to be able to go. I am trusting the Lord though. The tough part is we hope to BUY him a full ticket instead of him flying the stressful way of going standby. As we all know the closer to departure time the more expensive those tickets get. BUT it's in God's hands. Secondly, I will so have withdrawls from my grandbabies. It's amazing how much a part of my life they have become in such a short time. I am sooooo blessed to have them nearby. I wish they and their family would be coming also. Hopefully next year. I am thankful that we have iPhone 4 and we actually can do face time. Hopefully Jessa can go over to our house and use Joleesa's phone. I love my girls and I adore my grandbabies.

So any way it's time to get ready and to get set as my flight leaves out Thursday evening. I arrive in Asheville on Friday afternoon and my precious Sister Perkins will be there to pick me up and I'll be spending the Friday afternoon and evening with her. Then I'll meet up with the dear Williams Saturday morning early to meet up with the Hays as to get everything set for IYC.

I am soooo excited. The longing for the fellowship is HUGE, top with with looking forward to the feasting that Lord has for me (and I will be focusing on ME as their are things MY soul is in need of) at both IYC and the assembly. Anticipation is definitely present.

7 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

I wish we were coming too!! NEXT YEAR FOR SURE!!! Love you!! Have a great time. We will be praying for you tomorrow.

Jessa Stephens said...

I wish we were coming too!! NEXT YEAR FOR SURE!!! Love you!! Have a great time. We will be praying for you tomorrow.

Vicki Smith said...

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo out there!!! Are you still alive????

J Nowling said...

Sister Vicki - Ugh. I've thought about it several times but didn't take the time to do it. Now last night I tried to and I can't remember how. This 2nd 1/2 of the century is playing havoc on my memory these days. I promise I'll get something up soon ~ smile. Hey Brother Nowling and I are going to the Virginia, WVirginia couples retreat in Pigeon Forge, will you guys be there?

Vicki Smith said...

Yes, we will! How exciting that you'll be there!!! YAY!!!!!! You're going to LOVE it.

biswa said...

niceok

biswa said...

thanksvery good