Thursday, July 02, 2009

Driving to Valdez over the 4th

I'm excited for just my husband and I to get away over night. We were going to fly to Kodiak (although he wasn't to anxious to FLY) but AK Airlines cancelled one of the flights on the 4th so we would just get there to only turn around and come back. Don't think so. Some day before we leave Alaska I want to see Kodiak.

So we went back to our original plan to drive to Valdez. The problem was he has to work Thursday night so he has to sleep in the morning. It's about a 6-8 hour drive depending on how much stopping you do. He said he'd still like to take a road trip so I got online to see what towns were part way there. We are actually going to stay at the Copper Moose B&B in Copper Center. I've never stayed at a B&B and I've really wanted to. The chain hotels were booked and Copper Center is about 2 hours from Valdez. We'll get up and a full spread breakfast with blueberry pancakes and all and head to Valdez (this part of the drive is the best so I've been told). We'll get Valdez probably in time to get lunch and make the 6-8 drive back to Anchorage as to get ready for church Sunday. People at work on one hand think we're insane but at the same time helped me to figure out how to make it all work.

I'm excited to spend some quality time with my husband, enjoy a road trip, get to stay at a B&B, and see another part of this gorgeous state that I can't get enough of.

1 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

WEll, that sounds like fun. You'll enjoy the B&B. I'm glad you both are able to get away!