Friday, July 24, 2009

This sums things up for me lately

2 Corinthians 4:7-9

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Hang on tight as the storms spins around and you feel like your right in the eye of the storm. Then you look around and see several others right in the eye of the storm. You're all bearing your personal pain but you're reaching out to each other. Riding the storm together. Waiting for the storm to calm, but while it is raging allowing God to calm you in the midst of the storm. Then it begins to rock you again and you drop that anchor down in Christ and you know with Him aboard you'll make it and so will everyone else that has their anchor secure in Him.

He truly is "my Rock of Ages" and "my shelter". Though my mind has major arguments with my soul, my heart is settled in Him so my soul will win and I thank my God for the decades that He been with me through the fire and flames. I love Him so much!!!

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Perfect post. Thank you. I needed that. ;-)