Monday, July 13, 2009

What an Awesome God we Serve

First He was in our SS class with a very active and personal discussion on sanctification that almost everyone participated in. Then we went from there into a FANTASTIC service as the Lord moved during our worship and the Spirit broke out and moved upon individuals reminding us He's there for us and lifting us from a place of burdens to a place of worship. The guys and gals broke off to pray together. When the ladies got done we began to sing and we watched the Lord move mightily on ALL the men as prayed one for another, linking arms together in a circle (it reminded me of a football huddle) praying for one another and worshipping together. What a glorious to sight to see these young man with pastor broken before God and not embarrassed by it. These are TOUGH guys but they know how to be sensitive before their God.

We had moose roast for dinner and then I went to play frisbee golf with Matthew, Nathan and couple of Matt's friends and one of their wives. It truly was a lot of fun. My body feels so old though. I stopped throwing at the 9th hole as my bad arm was beginning to really hurt and lost what little strength it had. I continued to walk the rugged course though. I enjoyed my time in the sun and with these people. They seemed like real good people.

Then we had another good service and Jessa shared scriptures on being a servant of the Lord's. Brother Nowling then preached the message he didn't get to preach this morning on the covenant. We then had a time of worship in song and a time at the altar.

So to sum it up; my body is old and tired, but my soul and spirit is refreshed and light. Now I'm going to bed as the "tired" has won. I just hope my aching body will allow me to sleep.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Praise God for His goodness!