Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What's Been Happen'

It's been a while since I've posted because not a lot of things going on here. October was a good month at work. As a whole the advertising had the best month they've had in a very long time. We actually beat budget which maybe only occurred once all year. AND I made "Big Bear" (sales person of the month)which also it had been a very long time (a year ago September actually; actually I won for September). I was totally shocked and everybody loved the shock expression. Joleesa had a good October too.

Two weeks ago Sunday I went to Bethel and covered their morning service in Brother Grant's absence. I stayed with Sister Connie Peter and I enjoyed my time with her and Isaiah and Sarah came over Saturday evening and we played aggravation with Ernie and her older foster kids. Oh my it's been a long time since I've been around kids. You actually look away for a moment and one or another is cheating. Oh but wait a minute I think I've known of some adults that are like that ~ smile. That Sunday night we had an evangelistic service and Brother Nowling said he wanted me to lead an extended time of worship. At first it was really tough for my spirit was feeling heavy but we came to a place of a true HOLY worship and it was great. I so love to worship the Lord. We get so caught up in asking the Lord for things all the time, to lose ourselves in His love, bringing you to that holy place with you and Him is awesome. That's what it was like that night.

Things have slowed down for November at work though. We have Joleesa's baby shower next Tuesday. It looks like there will be approximately 20 people at the shower. Between church, her former co-workers and current ones. When I first told her how the rsvp's were coming in her response was "wow, it'll make up for my graduation open house". She had only two people come to graduation open house. Isaiah Peter came from Bethel and then one of her co-workers from McDonalds. We had been here only a year, but still it was sad because we really thought some people would show and they didn't. She never let on to her disappointment as the girls and the two guys went off and found somethng to do. But three years later she showed me really how much it did affect her. Any way, it's on a Tuesday night right after work so I'll be doing tacos. One of our co-workers are going to make mini-cupcakes for the shower, while another one is going to make taquitos. Though these kind of things are not my forte, I know there's a lot of things she needs and these people want to help her and I hope to make it fun. I still have struggles that go on within me over the circumstances but there's a baby girl going to be coming into the world and I want Joleesa and her to know they both are loved.

Thanksgiving is going to be even more exciting for us this year. I am thrilled to have Levi be with us. Then we'll have Matthew Peter joining us at our table as he's not able to go open AND please help me pray, I've invited Joleesa's boyfriend Dallas to join us. He has not committed. It would mean so much to all of us for him to be present. We really don't know this young man and yet he is a big part of Joleesa's life. So please help me pray.

Obviously after Thanksgiving the Christmas preparations begin. We have our youth Christmas party. Jessa has a women's tea planned, and then Brother Nowling and I'll be putting on our Christmas dinner again.

Then Tim Osborne is going to be getting married January 2nd so I want to do a little shower for her. So in the midst of Christmas celebrations I've decided the best way to do it is to take her to her favorite restaurant and do a small shower for her. I want her to know that we are very much looking forward to her becoming a part of us.

In no time at all after Christmas it'll be baby time with Joleesa and Megan both being do in March. Megan has chosen to have her baby shower after the baby comes, when her parents are here and have it be a part of the babies dedication. So before all that takes place, I'm going to make a trip to Minnesota to see my dad for his birthday and hopefully before that make a trip to Colorado in January. Brother Nowling wants to go to men's retreat and I'll probably go and spend time with the women. So to say the least life will be busy going forward.

Oh did I tell you we've already started our Christmas shopping. I love the fact that I started already as it makes it so it's not so stressful. I love being able to take the time and look for the perfect gifts and I have to say this year has been the hardest so far seeing all the changes my family's experienced this year. Snow on the ground makes it seem right.

So now that I've rambled. Let's see how long it'll be until the next time ~ smile.

1 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

Wahooo you posted!!!!