Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Know, I Know....

It's been a long time since I've been here but I really do have a good excuse. Every time I'd try to post the computer would freeze up. And uploading pictures was impossible. Our internet was un-secured and it was getting next to impossible to do anything because it was sooooooo slow. Any way Matthew Peter came over last night to do something on Jenna's computer and got a taste of the slowness (is that a word?). So he called our internet provider to set up a password and secure it and WOW what a difference. Funny thing is it took him a while to get all our computers set up at first as he kept putting the password in and it wouldn't take it. So he went back to the computer he set it up on and found he had a typo. Our password was...ugh...I can't share it because I'll be back to square one with it not being secure. One letter off changed a spiritual phrase dramatically. Sadly so too, but it was way too much work to change it.

Any way, life's been moving by quickly. It makes so much difference when you have a baby around. Every day Savannah changes and I don't want to miss a moment of it. I stand in awe at God. The only negative for ME about having a baby in our home again is though she's not even walking, some how she manages to have her clothes and belonging strewn throughout the house. Oh wait a minute, I think she's taken OVER our house. But we are blessed to have her.

Life in our little church is changing as we settle in with the tiny new lives God has brought into our midst.

I am love watching Jessa blossom as she carries little Noah until time to enter the world. Jenna announced the other day that Jessa is the ark for their Noah. Though it may not seem "nice" it was meant and is a cute thought. Oh the anticipation of holding our grandson and seeing Jessa's dream fulfilled of becoming a mother. Now that it's becoming a reality, the fears of inadequacies surface, but I know my first born will make an awesome mother and Levi will make a great dad.

Since my last post babies have taken over my life. Of course the joys of Savannah is present everyday. But one Tuesday evening I asked Megan to come over and I captured cute little Caleb in my arms most of the evening. It was a pleasant night with Megan and her son, just watching tv and visiting.

Then last weekend Brother Nowling and I went to Bethel for youth convention with Brother Bagoni (which the Lord really broke open His Word through this man). There was great preaching, good fellowship in the Spirit and with the Bethel saints. One again I got to enjoy another precious baby, my future grand-son-in-law, Braden Sutton. Sister Annette and I have told Joleesa and Dallas that their daughter has her marriage all arranged and her name will some day be Mrs. Savannah Lynn Sutton. Ok that's a little much. Not even two months old and calling her Mrs. Any way I enjoyed spending time with our cute little man. So though I was away from Savannah, my arms weren't empty.

We've been dumped on with over a foot of snow last night and today. A foot of snow in April is soooo wrong, even if it is Alaska. Hopefully though it will melt by Saturday as we are holding our youth activity here at the house roasting hot dogs and marshmellows in our fire pit.

The first part of May is going to be busy for us. May 1st we will be having a fund raiser for our building fund. Jenna, Micah and Megan will be doing photo shoots at the church. We'll set up one of the Sunday School rooms for the shoot, the other room for the editing room and the sanctuary for the reception area. Jenna will do one shoot of 50 pictures and while she is editing her pictures, Micah and Megan will do their shoot and then swap spots with Jenna. We'll be charging $20 for a dvd of 50pictures. We'll be putting fliers up and distributing them to friends and family. We know there's great talent here and this is truly a way for them to use it for the Lord.

May 7th I will be taking the evening flight to Seattle to celebrate one of my co-workder's birthday. We plan on going to the space needle and then just shopping. It has been forever since I've spent time with a girlfriend just bumming. I really hope to find some "baby" shops.

The following weekend Danny and Deborah Perkins will be here as Sister Deborah is our guest speaker for ladies retreat. I'm so looking forward to retreat and spending time with Sister Deborah. I don't really know Brother Danny but I'm looking forward to it.

Well now that I've updated everyone, I'll leave you with a picture of my favorite grand-daughter done by my favorite photographer.





2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Adorable pictures!
It's so nice to hear from you again. I'm glad Matt was able to fix it where you can post easier; too bad he's a lousy typist. ;-)

Jessa Stephens said...

Mmmmmmm lets see if I can do this at work.

Oh my goodness!!! I can't wait for him too come too!! It's one of those things...you want to enjoy this time being preganant...but on the other hand I CAN'T WAIT to meet this little person we created.

Savannah is toooooooo cute! Your right. It seems like every day she is changing!