Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Stress is my first, middle and last name

I keep taking a deep breath, and reminding myself to stay calm but I've forgotten what calm is. I believe I've reached a level of stress that I have reached in months if not years. I am so thankful for all the staff for camp so I don't have to plan a class or worship on top of everything else. I know different ones have asked if they can do things for me but some things are impossible to turn over. Joleesa got a "hug tester" at work where you put your thumb on it and turns colors saying how many hugs you need based on your stress. Mine was black, the highest level saying I needed 3 hugs...where's those hugs.

Things are coming together. Every day people are arriving for camp. Levi should be here tomorrow. I know Jessa is stressing and I want to be there to relieve her stress but instead we stress all over each other. Jessa I promise that once camp is past I'll be able to calm you instead of add to it. Although, you probably won't need me to then as Levi will be here.

Brother Nowling leaves at 2:30 am to go get his mom in Mpls to turn around and come back on Thursday, while Thursday night I go grocery shopping for camp. Griffins come in Friday night late, Anders come in on Saturday. Some of the Bethel folks will arrive tomorrow with more coming on Friday along with the Dorans. We have state convention Friday night, state staff meeting Saturday morning, a shower for Jessa with her co-workers, conventin in the evening and Sunday morning. Then 11 cars and 38 people (maybe more) will be headed out for camp. Camp ends Wednesday about 11 am. We'll take a leisurely drive back and then Thursday we work on some of the last details for the wedding. My dad, brother and nephew come in Thursday night. Friday morning we decorate the church, Friday afternoon the our shower for Jessa (the guys will be doing something with Levi), Friday night rehearsal and then back to our house for a barbecue for the rehearsal dinner. Saturday morning hair appointment for the girls and I and then the big day. And I'm still working full time this week. Couldn't take off because I don't have vacation plus we have training.

I surely can't say I'm bored, but I am anxious for Jessa's day to be here and be so very special. I hope it'll all come together.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

So what are you going to do to fill all that spare time??? :-P Hang in there. When unexpected surprises pop up and wreck your intricate plans just roll with the punches. Remember, eternity is the only thing that is really "life or death." Everything else isn't important, in comparison. Keep telling yourself that. "It's not that big a deal. It's not that big a deal. It's not that big a deal..."

Jessa Stephens said...

lol wow we ARE busy!! I AM better now that Levi is here.