Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sore in Body but so grateful to Many

Just a quick post. With Micah, Megan, Tim, Matthew, Joleesa's boyfriend Dallas and the girls everything was over to the new house last night. Furniture is put in place, kitchen put together (thanks to Megan; I marked the cupboards on Wednesday night and she unpacked things on Thursday while I was at work). The garage is full of boxes. We still have a lot to do, but the place is amazing. Several are at the duplex and cleaning there.

The young people have been determined to help us get it all done. We are so grateful to them all.

Please pray for Brother Nowling and I though. Our bodies hurt so bad but we have to keep going. Yesterday I had to move my desk, file cabinets, etc at work from the 2nd floor to the first. My co-worker was great and did alot of it. But after all the packing and moving I came in tired and hurting. I have rheumatoid arthritis in my lower back, and the bending and lifting has it just on fire. Then I came to the duplex after work and Brother Nowling was sitting amongst all kinds of heavy stuff in the living room that he had moved by himself. He was saying we still had so much to do, I wrapped my arms around him and he started crying saying he hurt so bad (especially his knee that he hurt in a car accident years ago and continues to have problems with). When Micah got there I asked him to help to insist that he not do the heavy stuff and of course he said he would but no matter what Micah said, until the other guys got there, he was right in there. Eventually he just had no more in him and he sat on the couch and let the guys finish. They were great.

Now today he's over cleaning while I've been trying to put stuff together here. I've got a couple more things I'm going to do here and then I'm going to see what they need. Please pray for our bodies.....

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Bless your hearts (and bodies!). What timing. Like you didn't already have enough to do to get ready for a wedding (that I STILL haven't mailed a gift to!), but you're MOVING on top of that! Good timing, girl. I speak as one who knoweth . . . we're in the mad rush to get ready for BTI with a student body that keeps growing and we're moving furniture and offices at HQ and dealing with all sorts of issues that would have been MUCH more convenient to deal with some other time. But, no. Why do things the easy way? There's an exhilaration rush that comes from doing the seemingly impossible! Don't you feel the rush??? Oh, that's pain. You're right. Well, just rename it! Remember, you don't feel pain...you feel an "exhilaration rush"!!! Got it? :-D

Vicki Smith said...

BTW, I feel your exhilaration rush. ;-)

J Nowling said...

That adrenelin keeps me going. But the problem is I have to keep going because if I stop, I'll crash. God is so good. We did it all in 3 days (including cleaning the old place). We couldn't do it without the help of all the young people. We're almost done unpacking (what's going to get unpacked right now) and then I have to finish up things for camp, like grocery shopping. Camp is the weekend before the wedding.

Keep those prayers coming please, as I will for you.

Vicki Smith said...

I concede my crown for being the queen of overbooking. Anybody who conducts a camp the week before her daughter gets married deserves the crown! Congratulations! :-P
God will help you get it all done. Just stay calm.