Tuesday, February 23, 2010

emotions

You know over the years a person experiences so many hurdles/changes/mile stones, whatever you want to call them. It never ends and I guess that's what keeps life exciting. I don't know which mile stone is the toughest. All of them hold elements of excitement. I experienced another major one as Jessa fulfilled her dreams of finding a Godly, loving man to marry. Rejoicing with her at her wedding which was simply elegant and filled with the love of God and each other.

Then having my youngest, Joleesa facing motherhood has drawn us very close (which I treasure). As I anticipate the debut of my granddaughter, I hurt for my little girl as she experiences the discomforts and pains of carrying her little girl, while at the same time seeing the love and care on her face and within her actions for this little one that she will be bringing in to the world. Watching her abound in strength within her situation. Giving God glory along the way. Knowing she has so many uncertainties ahead of her. Praying that she holds tight to her Master's hand all along the way. Leading her precious little girl to Him from day one.

Add to that, seeing another dream of Jessa's coming true as God has blessed her and Levi with a life inside in her. Listening to her awes of it (and apprehensions) this my first born, approaching motherhood. As I watch Levi take care of her, I thank God all over again. Knowing this grand child is going to be raised in a Christian home as we brought up our girls.

Then as I watch Jenna at her excitement for becoming an aunt. As she also tries to figure out what God has for her amongst this church family full of couples and new little ones. A Godly pride wells up within me as she is ever seeking Him.

A mother is always mother. The transition from motherhood to grand-motherhood is overwhelming. As you are still a mother but now a grandmother.

I need to add too, watching Jody in his excitement to be a grandpa.... For years he's looked at babies and little ones oohing and awing over them looking forward to the day that he's a grandpa, with me saying not yet, I'm not old enough :o). He has been cherishing Lillian for months. He thrives on her running to him, and holding her. It's so cute to watch. He is going to make an awesome grandpa. I hope I'll be an awesome grandmother too, but I can't help but want to be sure I'm there for my daughters however they want me to be.

Once again my prayer, is give me wisdom in this another milestone in my life. And Lord I pray for deliverance for Joleesa. She so wants to hold her baby girl, and so do I.

5 comments:

Tammy K. said...

That's a sweet post. Lots of changes all at once. You have so many blessings. How exciting for you.

Vicki Smith said...

The Scripture says, "we are perplexed, but not in despair." We may not always know what to do, where we are heading or what to do when we get there, but we're not in despair because we know the LORD is in control. If He's the one who's doing the steering we can just sit in the passenger seat and wait for His next instructions. Life is an ADVENTURE! Cherish and relish the ride! :-)
(Remind me of these words next time I'm feeling uncertain or confused or perplexed.) ;-)

J Nowling said...

Blessings on top of blessings Sister Tammy.

Sister Vicki - That scripture is so perfect. If only we KNEW the unknown...and then maybe not.

Vicki Smith said...

Hey! I'm hearing through the grapevine that you're a grandma, officially! Congratulations!!!

Tammy Washburn said...

Congrats Granny!