Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Waiting Begins

Tonight we spent several hours as Joleesa began having contractions at 4 pm. Unlike the braxton hix contractions that she has come to know very well, she knew this was different. Several other signs said so too the number one being the intensity and the severe lower back pain. Her contractions were anywhere from 10 minutes to 20 minutes a part. So I called the triage nurse and she told us to bring her in. She had such a RUDE nurse... It's so hard and yet exciting watching your baby going through this. Not knowing how long and how hard her labor will be makes all of us anxious. Jessa and Levi landed in Hawaii just as we were headed to the hospital. I know they so want to be here but I hope they'll have a great time and not fret or kick themselves over not being here. Who knows, baby girl could wait until they get home and then some. We just want them to relax and enjoy the sun and sand.

She is currently sleeping. I'm going to wait until her dad gets home to go to work. Dad will have his cell phone at his bedside, I'm only 1 mile away at work, Dallas is only about 5 minutes a way so we'll wait for God to deliver our precious bundle in His time.

By the way, grandpa was almost as bad as when he became a daddy. He was so cute when we were signing in telling the ladies "I'm going to be a grandpa". But I think the next hospital run (which should be for real) it'll be just mom and Dallas in the room. Cute and excitement from grandpa or aunt doesn't cut it when a woman is in labor.

Well I'm headed to bed. There may be some long nights ahead.

4 comments:

Cat-n-Dan said...

We will be praying for her.

Jessa Stephens said...

I am sooooooo glad the little girl held off for a little longer. I about balled my eyeballs out when I thought there for a little while I was going to miss Joe having her baby. She just has to wait two more nights....!!!! She can do it!! ;)Besides it can't hurt to cook a little longer. =D

We are having such a great time. I haven't a headache except that first night, but it was more stressing about Joleesa then anything more then likely. Today I feel completely normal. Like my old self. Oooooh how I miss me..... =) This was soooooo good for us/me!!!!!!!!!

J Nowling said...

She's waiting for her Aunt Jessa to get home ;o)

J Nowling said...

She's waiting for her Aunt Jessa to get home ;o)