Sunday, September 23, 2007

Computers, Computers!!!

Our computer does not like the internet and hasn't since Brother Nowling downloaded a spyware program. Apparently the spyware program booted out our IP# for internet (or something like that - I'll never understand that end of computers; and you know what, I really don't want to either), anyway, no matter what anyone tries we cannot get internet on it. Our desk top is in the spare room, which is where Jeremy is and though he has no problem with us going in and using it, that stupid computer has cable problems. Brother Nowling got Jessa's OOOOOOOld HP working but it is sooooooooo slow I can take a shower and get ready for work before it ever loads. Hence, why I haven't been on the computer much. I have to borrow Joleesa's or Jenna's (which a miracle has to happen as for her not be on ... by the way it's happened, I'm actually using hers).

Anyway, we're saving up money for a new laptop for us. Brother Nowling will use the old one for just his Bible programs and sermons, etc and the new one will be for internet, pictures, camp and misc things. We almost have enough so we'll see.

Wednesday's our anniversary and seeing as Brother Nowling didn't go to the assembly with me we were trying to find a quick getaway, which shouldn't be a problem with the free flying...yeah the flying's not the problem. It's our jobs, I work during the week and he works weekends. I don't have any vacation time as I used it for camp, IYC and the assembly. I could pull off one day but the flights within Alaska have cut back to one a day to most places and that time table means taking the day before off. Not happening. So we'll be using the gift certificate my boss gave me a couple of months ago for this fancy restraunt downtown. Get this, it's $70 gift certificate but people keep telling me we'll still have to put more with it. That just seems sooo wrong to spend that much on food. But since the majority won't be coming out of our pockets, we're going to do it.

Speaking of work. Please pray for me. I am so far behind. I've worked the last two Saturdays and still don't seem to get ahead. It's only going to get worse with the holidays ahead...but the new person starts the first so that should help. But it takes time to train to...ugh!

I'm excited about the youth work this year. I have felt for some time with our youth group expanding so, we need to be more active. Well last night we met and the third Saturday of each month we're going to have a youth activity and each youth drew a month and they will be in charge of that month's activity. They did some swapping of months, and we eliminated March as Gracie's wedding and youth convention both are in that month. All in all they seemed excited. Along with that the first Saturday of each Month Jeremy's going to work with me and we'll have a regular youth Bible study/prayer service. AND I have Jackie and Heather working at directing a community outreach once each quarter, AND Tim Osborne is in charge of fund raising. Joleesa will be our secretary/treasurer as to be my laison with the youth in communication and such. I'm really excited and they seem to be too. I still have such a burden for the youth but I've found it difficult to stay on top of things to keep them busy and Brother Nowling didn't feel there was anyone ready yet to take over the group. Hopefully this will get someone trained for it in the future. We had 9 here last night. One of our regulars were missing and we have potential 6 more eventually. PLUS by each youth being in charge it'll hopefully cause them to invite their friends their particular activity. I've also stressed that each activity MUST beging with a devotional. I really feel God's going to move the youth in Alaska forward this year.

Well enough rambling. I think I'm going to take a nap. By the way I could still use prayer for my body. I have not been able to throw this sinus drainage and then coughing/choking spells. I'm beginning to wonder if it's allergies. This morning the drainage was so bad it was hard to teach SS and especially lead song service. And right now I have a terrific headache above my eyes and that the bridge of my nose. I need relief.

God bless everyone.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

So sorry you're still feeling puny (that's a southern term meaning "not-so-hot"). Some good rest probably wouldn't hurt you any!

Kasey said...

I am having computer troubles too. My laptop has been out since the end of July being repaired. :(