Monday, September 17, 2007

God is So Good

We had a great Sunday morning Sunday School, worship and service. We had 19 in attendance. Brother Johnny Furlong has been in town the last week and we've had a couple of opportunities to fellowship (and laugh) with him. He and Matthew came out to SS and church. I am loving teaching our VLB class this quarter. They have opened and everyone is sharing soooo much. Then we went into a wonderful worship. Brother Nowling then preached "Go and sin no more" and fit in with Noah's ark and how it's only if "we go and sin no more" that He'll be able to make us as indviduals be "fitly framed together" and finish the work and He did with Noah and the ark. It was great (and the man hadn't had but an hour of sleep).

God has been healing relationships. There's times you do all that you know to do and nothing happens but you continue praying and eventually God does the work. It is so great. And I know there's other ones He's working on.

I have not been able to throw this cold completely. I have so much drainage into my throat. My cough is lingering. It's been difficult teaching and leading song service, but that was even amazing. Before song service I was coughing like crazy. God stilled the cough during song service and soon as I was done the coughing started again. It was actually kind of funny...we had all put our whole selfs into the worship and when I got done and started coughing, Joleesa was giving me a cough drop to suck on and several others started coughing or clearing their throats so the bag got passed around. I'm beginning to wonder if it's allergies because I feel fine otherwise.

Going backwards on my weekend; Saturday was busy but good. I had to go into work for four hours and then I came and picked up Heather to help her shop for her dress. I wasn't sure how Walked into the next store, at first we were tag shocked and then this lady looked at me and said "what are you doing here?" It turns out I had been working with her all last week on a German fest ad. She was sooo sweet and helpful. As we looked around, it was getting difficult to find anything modest. Then all a sudden I saw it and called Heather over. It was so Heather and the price was reasonable. See God answered my prayer and then we went for shoes, wasn't successful at two stores but seeing as Payless was in the mall of the last store and we were running out of time, I said let's just take a quick look...and she found the perfect shoes for $14.99. God is good.

We came home, Joleesa cooked the best lasagna for about 8 people (poor Brother Nowling didn't get any as it wasn't ready by the time he left for work, and finished off). Then we set around for 4 hours an "ugly" fire pit that I had been begging to get (that's another story, but it's starting to grow on me). It was a busy but good day.

And Gracie, I haven't forgotten that I've been tagged. I'll do it here soon.

0 comments: