Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HAS IT REALLY BEEN A YEAR???

Wow! We've actually been here a year TODAY. A year full of so very many emotions. You know it doesn't matter what trials and tests that you face, when you are in God's will there's a peace that is there through every storm. I have felt the mountains of Alaska have been our friend this year. We have had a year full of many new experiences. The fear of the long dark hours was all for nothing. They didn't bother me. The long daylight hours, now I didn't fear them, but I found myself frustrated with them. I didn't WANT to go bed because it was still beautiful. Winter was more mild then Wisconsin's and much more beautiful.

The church here have seen many new faces throughout this year. I feel a real excitement, and as I feel God is going to take this Anchorage church to heights it's never been before. I'm looking forward to being a part of it and I'm anxious to see things move.

Another year...in a place I never dreamed of ever being and actually never desired to go. My family all here together, good jobs for all of us, and a local church with great things ahead for her. Yes, through it all, God's been so very faithful, and good to our family. I love Him so much.

I have two major goals for this next year...a bigger house (we have had more people into our home in one year then I think we did in 10 years in Menomonie), and a church building. I am patiently waiting on my God to provide as He has everything else for us. He is my perfect heavenly Father. He knows what I need and will even give me the desire of my heart in due time.

7 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Yay! I was RIGHT! I went back into your archives and found where I wrote the following last October: "Sister Jada, I really don't think the winters there in Anchorage are going to be near as bad as you're expecting. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, having moved from WI. You can let me know next spring if I'm mistaken." Yes, once again I was right. (I have to make the most of it when it happens) ;-)

We have all sorts of great promises from the Lord if we're faithful in all points. I expect God's faithful TCOG members to experience WONDERFUL things this year! God is just waiting for us to do our part. "For the eyes of the LORD run to and
fro throughout the whole earth, to
shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him..." (2 Chron. 16:9).

Vicki Smith said...

Oopsie. Upon re-reading my quote from last year (You know, the one that I was boasting about?) I see that I said the winters ARE instead of are NOT. This brings yet another scripture to mind, "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall" (Prov. 16:18).

J Nowling said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! I knew it would catch up with you sooner or later. Just ask the "loser". She'll be thrilled to hear you admit that boasting will get you in trouble ~ smile. Love ya.

Vicki Smith said...

Oh, I don't intend to admit anything to HER!!! :D

Grace & Co said...

Tag! You're it!

Read my "Let's play a game!" post to find out what you're supposed to do.

Washington Okie said...

Sis. Jada,

It sounds like you have some of the same goals as I do. You pray for us and we'll be praying for you. Even if you don't pray for us, I'll still pray for you.

God Bless,

Bro. Ray

J Nowling said...

Brother Ray,

I will CONTINUE to pray for you and your goals. We love you folks dearly and know God's going to provide.