Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jody's Insisting I Post!

One of the things you may not know about my husband is collects things. He loves Church history books. Over the years several people gave us their collection of White Wing Messengers, Joyful News, and Happy Harvesters. We had boxes and boxes of them that we had to leave behind household items as to bring to Alaska ~ smile ~ I love him though and it's fine. Anyway, David Bock from Minnesota is a major collector and Brother Nowling had borrowed some "old" Joyful News and copied them. Well he was missing his 1949 ones and asked if he happened to have them. So he invited the youth over to go through ALL these boxes and sort them as to see if he had them (which he didn't) and he would feed them. We had almost our whole youth hear. The young men really worked hard, the girls helped a little but left it to the guys. We have a couple from the '60's, some from the 70's, lots from the 80's and some from the 90's. We had lots of doubles and triples that we sent home with Jacob Grant and Tim Osborne. All and all I think everyone actually enjoyed. Many hands make work light, AND FUN! Good food helps.

I'll be headed to Minnesota to see my folks a week from Friday. It's my dad's birthday on the 24th so I told him I'd be there. I'm taking the red eye and then renting a car, heading to my mother-in-laws to grab a couple of hours of sleep and do lunch. From there I'll stop into the nursing home to say to my parents for a couple of hours. Then I'll head over to Mitzi Thompson's house for fellowship and laughs (time with Sister Mitzi is always lots of fun). I'll be there for church Sunday morning and then the rest of the day will spend with my parents. I really hope my brothers and sisters will meet me for supper. My one sister and brother live about 3 hours different directions from my parents. I really want to see them because I don't know when I'll see them again, but no one would commit to being there. I'll try not to be disappointed, so I'm not planning on them being there. Anyway, then Monday is my time with Sister Mitzi. I asked her to make me a hair appointment with her stylist (my hair has grown out to the length that I just need some style to it)...she said she would but wanted me to promise if things went wrong that she wouldn't be all over my blog...so I'm just letting you know if I'm silent about the outcome of the visit to the hair salon, it's because of my promise. ~ smile ~ Love ya Sister Mitzi. Anyway, pray for my trip...two concerns, I'm not a night person and after working all day taking the red eye, I hope I can sleep on the plane, as I'm not good at driving when I'm tired. Secondly, I don't want to get lost. I'm going to have to have Brother Nowling get me directions from the airport to his mom's, his mom's to the nursing home, the nursing home, to Thompsons, Thompsons to the nursing home, and Thompsons to the airport. All other driving, I'll have someone with me that knows their way around. Seriously, unless your directionally challenged you don't know how scary driving around places like this is...I may check into seeing how much extra a GPS is just in case!

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I love our TomTom One. Makes life so much easier when you are clueless as to how to get somewhere. Glad to hear that you are getting to go visit your family.

Vicki Smith said...

I highly recommend the GPS! Our first one we named Louise. She died when we neglected her for several weeks and her power was completly drained. So Brother Smith bought a new one and named it Margaret. Margaret was nicer in some ways than Louise, but has memory lapses sometimes. We must have bought a menopausal GPS. ;-) Brother Smith returned her. Now we're trying to see if we can revive Louise from the dead. Even with Margaret's problems, it's still a comfort to have the system and just do whatever it says. They're simple to operate, too. Definitely check into the GPS.

Tammy Washburn said...

Our rental car GPS on our trip in CA cost $11 per day. The first 15 minutes made it worth every dime!!!