Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Short blog - I'm Home

Had a good visit with my folks on Saturday and Sunday. I saw my brother Norris briefly on Sunday. Had breakfast with my mother-in-law and her friend that came to AK with her last Summer on Sat. and then lunch with her and then left for my parents, and then to Thompsons. I LOVE MY GPS JANE! What peace of mind it brought me. It was awesome. I want one!!!

I had a great time with Thompsons. They are so precious. I don't have family that I'm close to and I was reminded how blessed I am to have Sister Mitzi as a friend. I had a great time with all of them just not enough of it. A WONDERFUL spirit in church. Went to CARIBOU coffee and picked up some to take home. Went to my favorite store Christopher and Banks and got some great deals. Bible store where things are much cheaper then here. AND I got the cutest haircut. Though my hair was short it now needed some style and the lady did a great job and all of them at the salon were so friendly.

The only thing bad about the trip was I had to sleep and I didn't get enough of it!!! Ugh.

Brother Nowling is in Juneau for Alaska Airlines until Wednesday, Jenna leaves out for Phoenix tonight, Jessa leaves out (as do Josh and Jackie) I'm not sure when and Joleesa leaves out Saturday morning to join them in Sandiego. Life will not be normal for awhile. I'm excited for the girls. This is the first trip just the three have taken. I so want them to enjoy themselves.

Big sigh...off to work I go. Everyone traveling have a safe trip.

11 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

Yep, the GPS is worth every penny! My hubby used our GPS experience in his ABM Dist. Conv. boost ;):)
Glad you had a great trip.

Vicki Smith said...

So glad to hear you made a new friend in Jane! And you bonded so quickly! Amazing, isn't it? --Glad you had a great time and made it back home safely.

J Nowling said...

Jane is my FOREVER friend. I wouldn't mind having one here but no matter what if I go to the assembly without Brother Nowling, I will definitley get another Jane.

Hey why are they always females? (Yes, ladies I'm opening it up for you to have fun with this ~ grin)

Tammy Washburn said...

I asked my husband, why the GPS had a female voice? I figured that men would already be tired of hearing a female voice telling them where to go :)

We joked that (when hubby didn't follow the directions and made a wrong turn) that the voice actually had a disgusted tone to it when she said, "Recalculating!".
Aren't men already tired of that "disgusted tone" from their wives? ;):)

What men need is a GPS that says, "Hey Dude! You just made a wrong turn. Hey, let's go this way!".

J Nowling said...

LOL. I tend to agree that the "recalculating" was said in discust; also when you were "about" to go wrong, it kept repeating the right directions as if she was trying to hold her temper.

I really think they should have an option of female or male voices. I Sister Tammi said Brother Ray gets annoyed with the voice...would he if it was a man's voice? (love you Brother Ray)

Tammy Washburn said...

Bro. Hawkins said that their GPS could be programmed to a British Man's voice.

Momma Tammi said...

We have the option of male or female voices with different accents...my husband CHOSE a female voice and is the only man that I know that can take TWO wrong exits, within 20 minutes of another, with the GPS telling him where to go. When it says, "STAY LEFT"...it does NOT mean in the farthest left lane either. UGH!

J Nowling said...

LOL. I feel for Brother Ray. Though I didn't do that I wouldn't put it past me to do it.

Hey do you have to pay for a service to "use" the GPS?

By the way I love the "UGH!" at the end ~ grin.

Momma Tammi said...

We don't pay a monthly fee or anything. We really do love our TomTom One. He has figured out a way to avoid making those mistakes again thus avoiding the raised voice shrieking "Dude! What are you doing? You're killing me man!" ~hee hee~

J Nowling said...

LOL. Wouldn't be funny if the voice could be your's Sister Tammi? Bro. Ray probably wouldn't think so, but when you said "Dude...." I could hear Joleesa saying that.

Anyway thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to get me one....eventually.

J Nowling said...

LOL. Wouldn't be funny if the voice could be your's Sister Tammi? Bro. Ray probably wouldn't think so, but when you said "Dude...." I could hear Joleesa saying that.

Anyway thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to get me one....eventually.