Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Road to Recovery!

You would think this bug that has taken up residence at our place would be a frozen by now. This deep freeze we've been in has caused to even run a solar heater fan that I brought for Brother Nowling last year for Christmas. It just doesn't seem to be warm here.

I think everyone is on the road to recovery. Jenna and Joleesa are pretty much better. Brother Nowling worked the last nights and had moments feeling rough but said when he came home this morning that he was feeling ok. My chest still hurts and when I cough I feel like my chest is being ripped a part. But really, I too, feel better. Every Friday at work a lady comes in and gives 15 minute chair massages. My boss and a couple of ladies have raved about her massages. I HATE massages as I have so many tender points on me that it hurts more then feels good. I had babyied (is that a word?) my neck so much, between that, the stress at work and just not feeling good my neck and shoulders really hurt. My one coworker gave me her time slot (I'll give her the money for it)and I had the massage. The lady was very tender with the massage, but oh it still hurt and yet kind of felt good. By the time she got done I had a terrific headache. My coworker said I need to drink lots of water now as it some how got the antioxidents out and that was causing the headache. Joleesa and I was going to have a mother/daughter night out so I thought ok. I started downing the water and I have to say after a couple of hours my neck and shoulders (and head) felt good. I don't know if it's something I spend money on again but it do feel better in that area AND I actually slept good too.

Like I said, Joleesa and I had a mother/daughter night out. I don't see her much these days (I need to do the same with the other two girls too). We went out to Sullivan's a steak house that she wanted to try. The bill was ouch but it was the BEST steak ever. Then we went bumming around Penney's shopping. I found some awesome deals. I need a new winter coat as mine from last year was ripped out in a couple of different spots. I found one for $43, regularly $209 (not that I would've ever paid that). Then I found a couple of sweaters that I really liked before but wasn't about to pay $40 for but would be pay $11 and $8 (actually Joleesa bought the one). Then I had to get me gloves and hat to match my new coat, which Joleesa actually picked out for me. When I got my butchered hair cut, I started wearing a hat as my head freezes. I have this black knit hat with a visor, that the young people have laughed at but liked (both at church and at work). But I'll set that aside now for a pretty tan and off white regular knitted stocking cap. Any way, I enjoyed my time with Joleesa. She even put her cell phone away and actually TALKED to me. I thank the Lord for my girls. I don't want to every take my relationship with them for granted. Some times as they've gotten older and get busy with their jobs, we have less time together, but I always want to be there for them but also with them.

Well I need to muster up energy to clean house. Youth Bible Study is here tonight. You know what though, I think I have time for a nap. Thank you for your prayers, please continue to pray for complete healing. Also, I have something really weighing heavy on me regarding our local church. Please pray for God to have His way.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

So glad you guys are on the road to recovery. I talked to Sister Bishop yesterday and she said she is feeling some better. I made her promise to call someone to come and anoint her with oil and pray for her. She told me that her pastor was out of town and they don't have a deacon or anything, but she called a minister from one of the closest churches and he drove over and anointed and prayed for her and the Lord touched her. Why do we think the only place we can get anointed and prayed for is at church???

J Nowling said...

PTL Sister Bishop is also recovery. I have a tendency to over due on Sunday with teaching SS and leading song service. After the 2nd song this morning my throat and chest felt so strained; I finally asked for prayer. My faith is being really tested. I'm really trying to trust. I do think wisdom has to come into play, and I don't push to hard.

The actual cold and flu bug is pretty much left...please continue the prayers me. I feel my voice going...and I need my voice.