Saturday, March 08, 2008

I'm So Glad It's Saturday

It has been a VERY stressful week at work. I've been tagged the online queen for selling the most online dollars out of anyone. This week came back to bite me because of the Iditarod. It's a long story but I spent the whole week dealing with upset customers who were'nt seeing their ad. Because of the Iditarod the traffic on our site spiked so high that though they were getting what they paid for, it didn't seem like it because they couldn't see for themselves. Anyway, yesterday I put in 10 1/2 hour day trying to get caught up with other things. I was ready for the weekend.

Today is the first Saturday I've been home with no plans but clean house and do the state books. I slept in until 9:15 am (and I'm still tired). I think the stress is wearing me out. I'll probably even take a nap today. It feels so good to just "chill".

We've been in the high 30's and 40's with sunshine so the snow's been melting (the poor dogs on the Iditarod are really having problems).

Next weekend is youth convention in Bethel. I'm really looking forward to that. Please pray Brother Nowling can get someone to cover so he can go.

Please pray for our ladies retreat. I'm getting very frustrated with the hotel. We (Brother Nowling's been helping me). They're under new management, at first they said the conference room that we use for our services would cost us $300 per day (ugh I don't think so). But then they said if we commit to a minimum of 5 rooms we could use for free and they just needed something in writing confirming. I sent the letter with how I wanted the room set (like I did last year) and she calls saying they thought we only needed the room for a couple of hours and they didnt have the staff to set things up. HOW did she ever get that idea. No problem we'll set up, but she continued to say they'd have to charge the $300 a day. Of course I told her couldn't do it. If the room is empty anyway why with the commitment of 5 rooms can't we get at least for this year? She said she'd be back to me in 2 hours, had my work number but called home. UGH. I still don't know what's going on and I can't get a hold of her. Please, please pray. We're going to have a great ladies retreat as I have had so many obstacles put in my way.

Well I better get some cleaning done. Have a great day and better Lord's day tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

there is a really fun idea for a game that i'll have to share with you. they did it up here and it would be PERFECT for a ladies retreat.

when is it again? I'm hoping that i'll be able to attend.

J Nowling said...

It's April 18th-20th. Sister Georgia Williams is our evangelist. Our theme is "Our Father's Eyes".

All you ladies are invited.

J Nowling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki Smith said...

Hope it's all worked out by now. The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory!

J Nowling said...

The victory must be going to be really sweet, because nothing's worked even yet! Pray tomorrow, Brother Nowling's going to haunt her phone until he gets an answer.