Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Lord is So Good!

I am so thrilled. The hotel that we have had ladies retreat at in the past is under new management and wanted to charge us $300 per day for the conference room; don't think so, so they would discount it to $150 per day; still don't think so. I was really getting concerned (notice I didn't say worried but it really on verge of "worrying"). I spent last night searching the internet. Everything was looking way out of range. But I thought let's try Eagle River (about 15 miles from Anchorage). Basically only two hotels, one didn't look like it would work at all but maybe the Microtel would. First I called the Holdiay Inn Express where the men had their retreat in January. I wasn't feeling real good about it because they had to pay $100/day for their conference room and it was more like a board room (so I heard). I wanted a place that we could set up chairs like you would for church and have the electric piano...but if that's where we were suppose to be. Don't think so. They would give us the rooms for $89 but the conference room at this time of the year was now $139. Unlike the Best Western's new management, this lady was really nice so I told her I'd get back to her. I then moved on to calling the Microtel. The lady was fantastic. She asked me what deals I had gotten from Best Western in the past. She gave us the exact same deal. We blocked off 6 rooms and I can turn back two rooms the week prior. They usually charge for more than 2 to a room but she won't charge us. They have a continental breakfast (Best Western didn't). Brother Nowling and I drove out to check the rooms and the conference room. They are great. Not fancy but nice. The conference room is smaller than the one at Best Western but it'll work fine for us and we can have our coffee and tea. The lobby has a nice fire place with leather sofas (real quaint). The hotel is only 5 years old. Yeah it's not in Anchorage, but come on, 15 minutes away. There's restraunts all around it, there's a Walmart, grocery stores, gift shops, it's a great town. AND it'll allow the Anchorage ladies to feel like they've gone somewhere too. I really hope no one complains that it's not in Anchorage. But you know what, I truly feel it is a gift from God. Two phone calls is all it took. God knows what we need and knew I was running out of time to have search for a place. He is so good.

By the way, the dates are April 18-20; cost is $85 (lunch and dinner on your own); Sister Georgia Williams is our evangelist. We'd love to have anyone that feels led to attend to come on up. We're going to have a great time in the Lord.

To top that off, I've been really praying for Joleesa to be able to get McDonald's covered Friday night so she can go to youth convention in Bethel. It wasn't looking to promising, but PTL, she just called and she got it covered. Have I said God is good!

Now for Brother Nowling to get Saturday covered. It'll happen, because God is Good!

Please rememeber the convention. I know God is going to bless because THE LORD IS GOOD!

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

PRAISE GOD!!! How exciting! And Eagle River is so pretty. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic weekend. I wish I could be there to enjoy it with you.
I like your new template. Very pretty!