Saturday, March 29, 2008

Monopoly winner!

As you all know I have not won a lot of games over the last several months. Monopoly has never been "my" game. I've got to be in the mood to play it for one thing, and I so rarely win it. And these days, I don't win any game but Monopoly...won't happen. Well Easter Sunday afternoon we Josh, Jackie, Jenna and I played. And I WON! But not because of my skills. Let's just say Josh and Jackie are equally stubborn and they didn't want either one to win, so I was the beneficiary, they gave everything to me. So I didn't feel like I won.

Then last night Jackie called wanting to know if I was up to playing games seeing as she had to work Friday and Saturday. I said sure. But let me back up a minute. Several weeks ago during our youth Bible Study I assigned prayer buddies to everyone. Asking them to remember each other in prayer but also with encouragement and even little gifts (if they felt led). Well Josh and I were buddies and Jenna and Jackie were buddies. So when Josh and Jackie walked in last night I was handed something I actually asked from my husband for Valentines day (something similar that is) and that was a heart wind spinner. I was really overwhelmed. It was so cool that they not only remembered, but they got me one. So very cool. Then they pulled out the game they wanted to play...yeah Monopoly! They had bought the old 1933, classic game in a beautiful case. It looked antique. The properties didn't have the price on them. The money colors were different. There's no dog, money bag, or sports car. It has a rocking horse, a purse, and antique car. The houses and motels are wooden. It is so cool. But best of all I WON!!! And I won fare and square. Now my husband felt I should have let Josh win because it was a treasure that he bought! But he wouldn't have wanted me to and I WANTED the Win!

Oh and by the way, Jackie's gift to Jenna was a animal balloon making a kit. AND a BOYFRIEND. Yeah a boyfriend...perfect. Jenna, I told you I'd get you for that picture ~ smile. She'll have to explain. Although, maybe Jackie will ~grin.

Josh and Jackie have been family to us. They're fun to be around and I can't praise the Lord enough for the spiritual growth these two have experienced over the last year. I feel like Paul...I thank God for them. Not only them but our youth in general are great. I have so much fun with them. They show me so much respect. They all are a part of me and I thank God for them.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That Monopoly board sounds really neat. It can become an heirloom.