Saturday, March 22, 2008

Now I Remember....

why I don't like living in a duplex or in the city. At 1 am I heard some screaming. I was in this sleep where I heard the screaming but I was having a hard time seperating it from dreaming and reality. Then I heard movement in the hallway. On Friday and Saturday nights Brother Nowling AND Joleesa both work nights so I'm here by myself and it was that movement in the hallway that pulled me out of the place between sleep and awake. I asked who's out there and there came a voice saying "me". Oh that's right Jenna spent the night. I forgot. Then my mind settled on the screaming, "I'm going to kill you. Don't go. But I love you." And the cursing and I mean CURSING. I walked out to the living room with Jenna. They were on our deck. Our porch light was on but our blinds were pulled. We could here them clearly. I grabbed the phone trying to decide whether to call 911. Then it got real quiet. The wierd thing is we never heard a car leave, and there's usually a little girl next door that cries a lot...but she wasn't crying. I figured she must not be there. There are so many people in and out of that place other then the older native woman that goes to the Moravian church, and her granddaughter, we don't know who actually lives there. There's different cars under the carport all the time.

Any way, this wasn't the first time. The people that lived there previously fought during the night also (Sutton's were here one time when it happend). And they had young girls that played their music so loud that one time the bass vibrated our walls and caused a plaque to fall.

Part of me wants to find a house that's bigger than this place, and doesn't have that close of a neighbor. BUT that means higher rent, a deposit again and MOVING and the thought of moving even down the street is not appealing at all. But maybe this is sign that we really do need to consider it. UGH!

The weather's been nice here and it feels like Spring. I wish I could get to feeling good enough to enjoy it. My nose is running like a sieve, I still have a cough that rips my chest a part, and my chest feels heavy. I am doing better by far but I have a long way to go before I'm well. Tonight we have our youth gym night. We're going to be playing basketball and volleyball. I should say they're going to play basketball and we'll play volleyball. I've never been into basketball and I'm too old to start now (especially when I don't even have the desire too). I know Joleesa's bringing a couple of friends from McDonald's and I hope there'll be other visitor's. We're meeting at the church for a devotion and then heading over to the rec center for two hours. We sold calendars in 2006 and never used the money so this is how we decided to use the money. Two hours of good clean fun for individuals with lots of energy. I pray it goes well. I know our young people will make the visitors feel welcome...and then maybe they'll come out to church or at least future youth events. It's a small step but it's a step.

Everyone have a blessed Easter.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

You've just GOT to get BETTER! Don't be ashamed or embarrassed to KEEP calling for the "elders" to anoint and pray for you. When you fully obey the Scripture you can expect God to fully come on the scene. Amen!

J Nowling said...

I am very guilty of not doing that. I asked for prayer at youth convention, and then when I don't get healed I feel like it's because I don't have enough faith and if I lacked the faith the first time, why will another time make the difference. I find it so much easier to trust God for someone else but for myself, I truly struggle (when it comes to sickness that is). I have done much better last night and today. I actually played volleyball with the youth and didn't cough at all. And this morning I taught SS and led song service. By the third song my voice was pretty weak so I asked Sister Grant to lead out so people would follow her and I wouldn't have to sing so loud. And other then my stupid runny nose, I felt pretty good.

I appreciate your reminder to me though.

Vicki Smith said...

Why is it we feel guilty for going back for prayer a second, third, or more times for the same ailment? Everybody else goes back to the medicine bottle over and over and OVER again, or back for additional visits to the doctor's office--but everybody thinks that's normal and how it should be. Yet we only go for prayer once, and then feel guilty for going back again. That's really dumb of us, ya know? Keep going back to the Great Physician and don't feel guilty!