Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another Beautiful Day

We have been blessed with several beautiful days of weather in the high 50's, 60's and 70's the last couple of weeks. With lots of sunshine. Mixed in there were a few hours of rain to make everything green up real nice.

Today we went to the huge Kampden Hills annual garage sales. This is in a higher income part of town. I went last year with Tim Osborne and I found my kitchen table and chairs, bookcase and a night stand. This year I asked Brother Nowling to go with me because there wasn't anything we actually "needed" and with moving into bigger place I thought we may see things that would work but that I would feel better with his opinion present. MISTAKE! He hates crowds and traffics. We got there about 7:45 am and apparently they were suppose to start until 9 am so people were just putting things out. At first though there were definitely people out and about it wasn't bad. But in no time at all it was shoulder to shoulder and bumper to bumper. No big deal to me, you just patiently work your way from sale to sale but he was miserable. The neighborhood is huge too so he kept moving the truck every so often. Not a good idea. One cul de sac area the cars were parked every which way it was very difficult to get out and patience in this kind of a thing is not one of his virtues. Finally he parked the truck and I went by myself for a little bit as Jenna was cold (she wore flip flops and it probably wasn't even 50 degrees yet). Then she went with me. No huge deals. We both got some games (some of which were brand new and hadn't even been open), a brand new bath fragrant set, frames, I got some glassware to match some that I already had, a full size ironing board (now that I'll actually have a laundry room), a girls tea set, cotton batting, a roll away bed (only $5) and artificial flowers. Other then the bed and a couple of the games no real huge deals. We stopped at a sale that wasn't a part of the neighborhood sale and they had a beautiful secretary desk for $75. It was definitely worth and I think they would've taken $50 for it. I knew just the spot in our new house and I could keep my church stuff in it. BUT he wouldn't let me. We really didn't have the money to spare with the move, camp and the wedding. But I really, really wanted it (can you see my bottom lip is sticking out :o( ). I'm sure I could've pushed him and got my way, but I knew we really didn't have the money. But I'm not saying he's right...I just knew we didn't have the money ~ grin.

Any way we came back home after dropping Jenna off at her place to work on her cpma service and get the local books ready for business conference (when she really slept 2 hours instead ~ how fair is that), Brother Nowling and I packed up dishes in the kitchen. After about 2-3 hours of packing he went to take a nap and I'm working on camp stuff. Really I am, I'm just taking a break. But I'm thinking that break is calling me to take a nap as I can't hardly keep my eyes open. This evening is our monthly youth activity and everyone is suppose to meet here and then we're going to play mini gulf. One of my favorites.

Everyone have a great rest of your Saturday and a blessed Sunday

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

In my family I'm the one to say, "We really can't afford that right now. Let's wait." Brother Smith is always READY and even anxious to buy something if he thinks it's a good deal. Hence, we have a PILE of stuff out in his garage right now that he wants me to photograph and list on craigslist.
Glad you got some things you could use and I hope you got that nap!

J Nowling said...

At least I don't buy just because I like something; I'm constantly thinking ok how can I use that. Oh and Sis Smith we found a lamp that was so "you" the base was sewing machine and the shade was covered in a quilt like pattern of clothes. It was so cute and both Jenna I thought of you immediately.

Jessa Stephens said...

Ugh!! I wish I wouldn't have been tired. I would have been more fun then dad. =) He hates that typ of stuff. lol Good for you on getting him too go!!! LOLOLOL!!!