Saturday, May 23, 2009

Busy as a Bee

I just keep flitting from one thing to the next. I got the State church books done for convention so all I have to do is drop in the May numbers. Ordered more checks for the church, only to have the bank cancel the order due to I had them coming to my place instead of the overseer's, even though I was told that was ok. Ugh...so placed the order again to be delivered to the overseer's home.

Camp - grocery list, schedule done and printed, went through the camp totes to see what was left over from last year that can still be used, found the folders and notebooks, got the crafts from Oriental Trading (got love Oriental Trading, even got pencils with special print on them). Tomorrow morning I'll go get the rest of the things that I need for the banquet, pick up the rest of the notebooks from Jackie, and get them put together.

Moving-is going well. I'll be packing the pots and pans, serving bowls and food cupboards tomorrow. I got the electric and heat scheduled to start the 28th at our new place and turn off on the 1st at the duplex. I couldn't get cable and Internet scheduled because the current owners has put their disconnection in. Oh and get this, we weren't going to get a land phone because only telemarketers use it, but IF we don't get the package that includes a land line we actually will pay $30 more per month AND we won't be able to have unlimited usage. Ugh! They get you any way they can. I now need to do a change of address. Post office said if done on line it'll be effective immediately but will cost $1 (ridiculous) otherwise it takes 7 days. So I got do that and rent the U-haul trailer tomorrow.

Jackie came over tonight and Josh and I helped her transplant my indoor plants. I had purchased some from work as they will be leasing out the 2nd floor so they got rid of all their plants. I purchased 4 and two of them were small leaf philodendrons that had vined together. All of them needed re potted and that's her speciality so we got them all done. The two tangled plants were placed together in one big pot as they were so tangled and it makes for one huge, beautiful plant.

Tomorrow night Brother Nowling and I will be going to the BBQ for Jenna's friend who's wedding she is in and we'll be going to the wedding on Sunday.

Monday I will be doing my camp shopping. Yippee, Memorial Day celebration. I'll probably be doing it by myself as I don't want to take anyone from their day's plans. I'm going to store the stuff at the church and in Jessa's freezer so I don't have to move it to our new house.

The wedding has had some great strides. I was stressing over the need for kitchen help when I realized there are ladies that I work with that would probably do it. It was so awesome as one even started to cry, honored that she was asked and the other ones hugged me and said tell me where, when, what you want me to wear and what you want be bring and what you want me to do and then don't give it another thought as she hugged me. Now that's the way I remember weddings being, a display of recognizing that it's an honor to be in a wedding. It's been awesome. Then Jenna worked things out for the three girls and I to have hair done at 8:30 am on the wedding day. They salon will be all ours as they are not opened to the public. They have promised that we will be pampered and I tell you we will need that. Also, we have a back up plan in place for some things that are uncertain at the moment. Lastly, my dad, brother and nephew have their standby tickets bought. Brother Nowling got all the time he needs as to fly to Mpls to get his mom and bring her up. She'll be staying for several weeks and will even be coming to camp.

I have to get my VLB service for Sunday night together, plus my camp and ABM boost for convention.

We still have so much to do but it's coming together. I just keep going over things day after to day and say what do I tackle today?

Everyone have a great weekend, I thank God for the extra day to get more accomplished.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

You are doing FANTASTIC!!! Good job! It's all coming together. Just keep asking God for guidance in setting the priorities and keep moving. It'll all come together. Stay cool. ;-)