Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Quiet Strength

Our revival is over and Brother Keven Lewis has made it home. We switched flight to an earlier flight as he would have stuck in Portland as the plane was over booked. Flying standby is always a "hold your breath" experience. There were 9 seats open and he got the 9th seat and it was aisle seat at that.

It was so good to have Keven in our home. He is so like family to us as we pastored him when he was in his early teens. He has become a brother to us and an uncle to our girls. When you watch a young person grow up and become an adult and go into the ministry and raise a family in the love of the Lord, you stand in awe at God.

The revival was not a victory shouting revival, but a quiet strength was bestowed by the Word and His Spirit. Our little group here in Anchorage are experiencing trials and tests on all fronts. We needed words of encouragement and strength and that's what was preached and shared. Megan declared that it was like standing out in a gentle rain and allowing it to wash over you, refreshing and cleansing you as it came down. Jessa sang a song Sunday night that added to that refreshment for me, Holy, Holy Holy (by Hillsong). It talked about praising and "adoring" Him. I so want to ADORE Him every day of my life. I want that power of "first love" partnered with "mature love" in my life.

Brother Keven made it obvious he was here for "us" the Anchorage church. His first time in Alaska and time was short. We usually try to do as much sightseeing as possible when we have visitors. Though we did go Beluga Point and Portage Glacier (where he didn't get to see any ice bergs as they were all melted to the point that the water was over the side walk)Sunday we took as a day of rest at home. He did get to see moose, not just one but six when Micah, along with Nathan took him to Flat Top yesterday.

I feel bad that not everyone was blessed as they could've been because they didn't come out. We have had very few revivals here, and this was just a 3 day revival and I wanted to gain from every moment of it. Life gets tough, we need times of revival to see us through. This was revival for US. We now need to move out and with a revival for the community but Lord prepare our people to move beyond and reach out to the world.

Please pray for me today as I am so very tired as I took Keven to airport and didn't get home until after midnight and then had a rough time sleeping. I was already tired and had a hard time staying awake yesterday and today is going to be tougher yet. But I truly can say my Spirit is refreshed.

1 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

Oh I'm glad it went smooth for him!!!!!! I woke up many times last night praying and wondering about him.

Revival was SO good!! Most definitaly strengthed.