Saturday, August 04, 2007

2 Place

I don't know if I already bragged (yes, I know that's what I'm doing) about having the 2nd highest sales in June for ADN advertising. I was quite surprised as my month started off really sluggish but it picked up in the last two weeks. Then on Thursday I had my 6 month review 4 months late. It was the best review I've ever had. Out a possible 5 I received 4.2. On the quantity of work handled I received a 5 and I got nothing lower than a 3.75. It's hard to believe as the first couple of months I thought I was in over my head and wasn't sure I was where I should be. But now I really like my job MOST the time. As I did I've been covering two desks as my co-worker is out on FMLA due to her health. I actually put in 3 1/2 hours today as I had gotten behind and at the pace of the newspaper business, if you get behind, you may drown. I got sooo much done with no phones or email.

I came home though and it was just Jody and I and he'll be going to work. I was feeling the empty nest syndrome as the girls are all doing their own thing and I have nothing to do and I'll actually be here alone tonight as Joleesa is spending the night with a friend. I hate Jody's schedule. I hope the next bid allows him weekends because otherwise we're just ships passing in the night. I DON'T like it. But I thank God He's provided and keeps providing for us.

It seems like blogland is quiet. I'm going to work on IYC devotions.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Blogsville has become a ghost town! Where'd everybody go???
(Arby's--roast beef sale) :-) Couldn't resist.

Vicki Smith said...

I forgot to say congratulations. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

J Nowling said...

LOL. Sister Vicki, I had to have Jenna explain your comment because I guess I hadn't seen the commercial. Then I proceeded to comment on the fact that you hadn't commented on anything else. Thank!