Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Our Journey Through Wittier

Tuesday night was such a pleasant evening (read my previous post for more details). See us enter the tunnel, surrounded by cave walls, driving on railroad tracks, and seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel". Ryan, the young fisherman that you'll see turns into our tour guide and Brother Nowling had a great time having Joleesa with them trying to get her interested in "fish"(yeah right ~smile). The tall building you see is where the residents of Whittier live (with the exception of Ryan and one other guy who lives up the mountain in two seperate cabins). Whittier's post office and clinic are in there too. The walkway way is an underground pedestrian tunnel that gets walkers across town. Notice all the waterfalls going down the mountains all around the area. The river was gorgeous, the buildings unique. My girls looked beautiful and happy by the beautiful blue water. And the last picture is my favorite person in the world looking a part of the perfect diet Coke commercial.

Enjoy our evening. (Ugh - I forgot blogger reverses things; I attempted to switch some...so just explore).

























2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad you guys made the trip to Whittier. It's SO amazing! Ocean in front of you, high, high mountains on both sides and the tunnel behind you. I don't know that I could live there--it's pretty scary to think about how vulnerable you would be there. What if a tsunami hit? The tunnel would be certain death. And if an earthquake collapsed the tunnel, you'd be stuck. Nah, I wouldn't want to live there, but it's a GREAT place to visit! Next time, TAKE THE CRUISE!!! It's TO DIE FOR gorgeous! Make sure you have your memory card AND good batteries! :-)

J Nowling said...

We'll probably do the cruise next year. I can't explained how much I enjoyed the town. Jessa kept saying she wanted to live there. Maybe open up a bed and breakfast...ugh scary to think about all the possibilities of natural disasters there.

Ah, I think I need a 2nd memory card and a 2nd set of batteries to leave in my car.