Tuesday, December 18, 2007

After 9 Hours....

After playing 9 hours of Rummikub I remain....drum roll please...defeated. Yes, between Saturday night at 7 pm and tonight at 10 pm we (Isaiah, Jenna, with Matthew coming on board Sunday night and tonight, and Joleesa for a short time Saturday night) played 9, yes 9 hours of one game, Rummikub. I told Isaiah Saturday night he couldn't go back to Bethel until I one just one round. That wasn't asking for much. I said just one round...and I couldn't do it. Brother Nowling always is saying I'm a sore loser, which I always adamently deny and I think I've proved it. We tried to figure out how many games we've played and we're thinking about 40, but undeniably it was 9 hours!!! And I just couldn't win. Many times I would get down to one tile but just couldn't do it. Ugh!. The last two games Matthew would check things out after I did my thing and I still couldn't win. Though I haven't come to hate the game, because I do see the challenge of it...it will be a long time before I play it again (I don't doubt that Isaiah and Jenna feel the same way).

The youth came over yesterday afternoon and made tacos and we played Mad Gab. It was hilarious. Then last night it was Balderdash in teams (I kept score on that one). It was great fun. I love playing games like that and I'm so greatful the youth don't think I "cramp their style" and encourage me to play with them.

But starting tomorrow I've got to get down to business and start wrapping gifts. I also have a little more shopping to do. Where has the time gone.

Please pray for Brother Nowling's mom, she had a knee replacement. After being up here this past summer and not being able to do as much as she would've liked to because of her knees, she decided to have it taken care of so that she can come back this summer and do more. The doctor says her knee was shot. She came through the surgery good but she'll have a long road of recovery. She'll be going in the nursing home for rehabilitation. So if you would keep her in your prayers for a quick recovery I know she'd appreciate it.

4 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

9 hrs of Rummicub?!!! Oh, sounds like heaven, or close to it. :)

Vicki Smith said...

NONE HOURS?!?!? You're a crazy woman! I'd say if you can lose every game for 9 hours and you never resorted to slinging the tiles helter skelter all over the room you are NOT a sore loser!

Vicki Smith said...

Oops . . . make the "NINE" instead of "NONE." :-(

Anonymous said...

lol you didnt even mention spoons lol, next time you should play and i will take i easy on you.