Monday, December 03, 2007

Tree is Up AND I Played Ibuy AND WON!!!

This weekend was a good weekend. I had a good time shopping even though I didn't get very much. Then Saturday night we had our youth Bible study and Jeremy was in charge of the study. He did a great job! Then Sunday of course was SS. Matthew came out and after service he, Josh and Jackie and Jenna went and got our tree from the girls apartment. We ate some lunch and then Matthew put the snowflake lights up across the front of the carport (Josh assisted him by moving his truck around so he could reach). The lights are kind of sad looking but they'll do. Matthew had to leave but Jackie was motivated to help with the tree. Her and Jenna brought the decorations up from the crawl space. Then Josh helped position the tree with Jackie underneath in the back. She got stuck and had us laughing so hard. Jenna got a video of it. Maybe she'll post it. Jackie and Jenna put the lights and garland on, then Jenna proceded with the ornaments while I put the decorations around the house. I forgot how much we had gotten rid of when we moved, but that's ok. The house still looks great. My favorite this year I think is how Josh hung our stockings on the wall. They look cool.

Then I finally got to play Ibuy. The four of us had a great time. Whoever we play that game with, we always have a lot of fun and laughs and Sunday was no exception.
The best thing about it all was that I WON! and Jenna LOST ~ smile. Actually that's a game I enjoy whether I win or lose. And I do think I've lost more than I've won.

I really PTL for our youth. It meant so much that the three of them helped (and Jenna too ~smile). Jessa, Joleesa and Jody are working so much, and I am tired all the time and even though I'm really tired, I've really been having trouble sleeping. So they probably don't even begin to realize how much I appreciate their help and their fellowship.

Well I'm going to be early and pray I'll sleep soundly.

7 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Congratulations on completing your Christmas decorating AND for getting a game of I Buy, and MOSTLY for WINNING! Yippee!! Life is good, huh? ;-)

Tammy Washburn said...

Yeah on the tree! Don't have mine up yet. I think I'm going to buy a 4 foot one and put it on a table this year ;) :)

J Nowling said...

I love sitting and watching the lights. But if there comes a time when I have to do the decorating myself, I too will go with a 4' tree.

It was great playing Ibuy and I'd say it was awesome beating Jenna but I don't think she's WON a game since living here....I'll leave it at that.

The Middle J said...

You know I'm going to comment :-P

1) I have indeed won a few games sense being here

2) This was the first time I've lost sense being here

AND :-D

3) I've beat you several times as well

Love you Mommy :-D

Anonymous said...

you only won cuz i let you win lol

J Nowling said...

You LET me win...I don't think so ~ grin. It was a close game at one time. Like I said, I enjoy the game even if I don't win.

Thanks for playing.

Vicki Smith said...

A happy birthday to you,
A happy birthday to you;
May you find Jesus near
Every day of the year.
A happy birthday to you,
A happy birthday to you;
And the best one
That you've ever had!
*did you sing along?*