Saturday, December 01, 2007

Going Shopping, But No Tree Yet!

Yeah, I'm going to do some Christmas shopping today, BUT we still don't have our tree ~ ugh. It's in the girls storage. Brother Nowling's had training Monday and Tuesday (his usual days off), and then worked his usual graveyard shift. When could he do it. It times like this (and many others) I wish I had a son!!! Although, I'm always exhausted so I need my girls help to decorate any way and I don't know when that would happen either. BUT I'm going SHOPPING!. I don't know what I'm going to get everyone yet, BUT I'm going SHOPPING!

Oh by the way, I hate ordering online. I ordered mega things online from house decorations, to Christmas gifts for work, church and family. They were shipped in several packages throughout the month as early as November 3rd and they're STILL not here! Ugh! Now what do I do. Brother Nowling called on it Wednesday morning (the company is IL so the time difference makes it hard for me too) and they told him to give it until the 30th and if doesn't come then they'll fill out paperwork for us! The 30th has come and gone and still no gifts. I haven't paid for it as it's something you can pay after you receive it...but so many of the items were just right for the people I chose them for and even better yet, so was the price! Deep sight!

Have any of you met a man that loves candles. Yes, I said a MAN. My husband LOVES, LOVES, LOVES candles. Get this, have any of you been to a Partylite party? You know those gorgeous, beautiful, terribly expensive candle parties. Well I guess someone where my husband works brought in a book for one of those parties and he bought this beautiful moose/tree shadow centerpiece for a coffee table. It's gorgeous, but I would never had pay the price for it that he did. Jenna asked me if he got it for my birthday ~ laugh, roll on the floor ~ she knows better, he bought because HE likes it. He has reminded me oodles of time while I'm out SHOPPING today to be sure and get a candle for it. I better not forget or he may not let me in. I tell you though, strange as it may seem for a man to like candles. It's great for us!!! ~big smile.

Oh, Jackie and Sister Smith said they'd play Ibuy with me, oh and Nathan too. I'm a happy lady, the only thing is the obvious; Sister Smith's in TN and Nathan's in Bethel. But Jackie's here so I guess there's hope.

Everyone have a great day. I'M GOING SHOPPING! (You'd think I'm shopping deprived ~grin, but actually last Saturday I bummed around the stores by myself and bought a few Christmas decorations - I'm just in the mood today.)

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Yea! You are finally in the mood! It's about time! ~giggle~ Hope you had fun shopping. BTW...Darren and Brother Ray both like good smelling candles, even more than I do.

J Nowling said...

Now smelly candles do become a problem. Some of the smells make me sick and then he does have a tendency to have several different fragrances at once. I think I'm finally getting him trained on that issue at least...giggle.

Vicki Smith said...

My husband does NOT like candles. But I do. My motto is, "You can never have too many candles!" I get a lot of candles for gifts. That's fine with me! I'm getting quite a few, though, and I need to start burning them more often. They're the smelly ones. Yum!! I just got 2 new ones last week at my Fall Fellowship. I forgot to mention in the invitation to NOT bring gifts. It just never occured to me that people might bring gifts.