Thursday, December 20, 2007

Now I'm Paying!!!

The nine hours of Rummikube was fun and thank you Sister Smith for confirming that I'm not a sore loser. Brother Nowling read it too...great big grin. But this past weekend I spent so much time playing games (and I loved every moment of it) but now I'm paying the price for it. I am soooooo behind on my Christmas stuff. Be it baking, shopping, cards or wrapping gifts, I don't have any of it done and I have no one to blame but myself. The nine hours was just Rummicube. We played Mad Gab, Balderdash (I kept score), THEY played spoons (Jackie I don't think even if you took it easy on me that you could get me to play that one ~ that one is just to fast for me), Bible Scattergories (which I watched). Come to think of it other then Rummikube and Mad Gab I didn't play all the other games, but I wasn't getting anything done. So as soon as I'm done posting, wrapping gifts I will be doing.

Oh by the way, my major online shopping still hasn't all showed up. Only one shipment out of five. Tomorrow's the last day, if it doesn't come tomorrow then Saturday I'll have to go out and get some of the gifts that are missing. The ones for the girls, they'll just get EVENTUALLY but I had other people's gifts in there. Ugh. The company told me if there was things I didn't get in time for Christmas and I didn't want to call them and they'd send a free return label. That's great, but that means setting on hold for 20 minutes before getting through.

The youth Christmas party is Saturday night so I lose Saturday night so I've got to get a lot accomplished tonight as tomorrow and Saturday morning I'll have to do some shopping. I know stop complaining and get to work. Bye!

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Anybody who can continue playing a game, and continue losing--no tiles are flung and no blood is shed, nor violent reaction of any kind is NOT A SORE LOSER! You deserve a medal!! Really, there ought to be some GRAND PRIZE given to you! And, I promise, I would never be deserving of such a medal I'm afraid. If my daughter weren't currently homeless, computerless and at this moment wandering somewhere in the midwest on her slow trek back to PA for Christmas she would testify to my behavior not being so gracious as yours and I've never even come close to losing a game for 9 hours straight! :-)

J Nowling said...

I think I even beat Sister Bishop at losing!!!

Vicki Smith said...

The two of you ought to have a contest to see who can lose the most! *tee hee*