Sunday, December 30, 2007

I Know I've Been A Slacker!

I guess I've joined the ranks of slackers. I don't know why. First I was really busy and then I just wasn't in the mood.

Christmas weekend we had our youth Christmas party at Jessa and Jenna's on Saturday night and then Sunday night we had our church fellowship. Both went well but I spent a lot of time getting ready for Christmas and them.

I don't know about everyone else but we didn't send many cards this year. We basically sent to our extended family and one or two others. We do want thank the Clemens from KS, Thompsons from MN, Sister Albizure from IA, Rosentreters of Canada for their cards and words of encouragement. We actually received a card from a lady that lived across from us when we pastored in Janesville, WI 23 years ago. Wow. If any of the Lewis' read this, Delores Podiwel is still alive and living in her jungle across from what was then The Church of God of Prophecy. We also received a phone call and card, from John Bosio who we knew from that same time in our life and haven't heard from since we left. Quite amazing. Thank you all for your Christmas wishes.

Our Christmas day went good. Life is different with the girls older and our extended family not around. But all and all it was good. We slept in until 7 am and then everyone went back to bed. Usually I don't but I started dozing on the couch so I joined the nap club and took a two hour nap. Then got everyone up and we made a ham dinner. That evening Josh and Jackie came over and we watched a movie and then played Phase 10 and Sister Smith I actually WON!!! Yes, I'm not a total loser.

The rest of the week was frustrating. I'm sick of people and their attitudes.

Today Jenna helped me take down all the Christmas decorations and rearrange the furniture. We're looking for a small living room chair as we need more sitting space when we have company. I don't want to pay big dollars but I want something decent. The thrift stores had several blue ones, but my living room is mauve and greens. So NO to blue! We found a small rose colored recliner but I'm not sure. It's a little to on the pink side for my taste. We'll check out another used store tomorrow and if we don't find anything there we may go with the rose one. I don't know.

Anyway, that's about all that's been happening in my life. Hopefully 2007 will go out good and with 2008 bringing great anticipation of goods things in the Lord.

0 comments: