Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My Streak Continues!!!!

Now Sister Smith, needs lessons in being a gracious winner ~ giggle. The person to teach her is NOT me though. Becki, I feel your pain as my losing streak continued today. I played, and LOST two games of cribbage to my husband. Then I was dumb enough to want to play Monopoly today. Josh, Jackie, Jenna, Joleesa, Tim and I played. I didn't land on any property to buy, everyone felt sorry for me and allowed me to bid on Baltic. So with only one piece of property (I know I'm pathetic)I did NOT LOSE but came in 4th. Tim lost, Jenna came in 5th, myself 4th, Josh 3rd, Jackie 2nd and the one that we BEGGED to play won, JOLEESA! Probably a good thing as she isn't one to play games, and it's even worse when she doesn't win. You can definitely say I don't give up easy. I still enjoy playing games. I think the purpose of my losing so much is to PROVE to Brother Nowling, I am NOT a sore loser.

Oh by the way, I think my husband and I did a first. We slept in until 11 am. We went to bed at 1 am but still, I don't remember ever (in my adult years)sleeping in that late. It felt soooooo good.

We had some of the members over to pray in the new year last year, so I really feel like 2007 went out good and 2008 came in good. Hopefully everyone else did too.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I'm a very GOOD winner!!! BTW, we all played Balderdash the other night--Brother Smith, James, Becki and me--and I won that game, too! I was shocked because I'm generally SO BAD at stuff like that! I was just in a really dumb mood, which is really helpful for that game. The dumber, the better. :-)

J Nowling said...

LOL. I've got the perfect competition...let's see if I lose more than you win. BUT we must go back to the 9 hours of losing Rummikube. I might finally win by losing ~ grin. It's gotta work.

Vicki Smith said...

I give. You can be the winner of the losers. ;-) Congratulations!! YOU WIN!!! WA HOO!!!!