Monday, January 28, 2008

A Bunch of Little Blessings!

Wow! Last week was long and it seems like forever since I blogged. I was so busy there were several days that I never got on the computer.

Back to the blessings. We've had snow, cold and ice for several days. The roads have been slick. I always come out of our residential area at a set of lights that you can turn right on red...two mornings someone actually stopped to let me in. Then we had a special sales blitz and we had a team come out to help us sale into this House to Home magazine. The director of the team looked familiar...it turns out he had been a rep for circulation supplies and we had done supper together back in Wisconsin. We wen finished our appointments on Wednesday and grabbed a quick lunch before I handed him off to another one of our reps. Blessing two; he picked up the tab. Went out to eat after church Wednesday night, and blessing #3, one of our youth picked up the bill. Friday Jenna, Jessa, Josh, Jackie and I went out for dinner, blessing #4 the waitress was on my side...she brought Jenna an extra plate and told her she was making it easy for her to give me a taste of her lasagna (I couldn't decide between the Alfredo or the Lasagna).

The best blessing of all was blessing #5...I got my driver's license. Brother Nowling actually sent for a duplicate of our marriage license and it came so I was determined to get my license (even with my ugly haircut). We walked in and took a number and we got #183 and they were on 143. Ouch 50 people ahead us. We (Jenna and I) sat down and Jenna knew the guy in front of us from work. We were chatting and laughing and complaining about the wait, and then this native man sitting next to me, reached over and handed me a number 159, someone had left and given him their number (152) so he gave me his. The guy in front of us that Jenna knew, his number was 156. Just 3 before us and he'd been there an hour and we were in and out of there in 1/2 hour.

Then we went shopping to get Jackie a skirt for her birthday, ugh! She doesn't like shopping for clothes. But I insisted and she found a khaki skirt. Then we game home and played some games and blessing #6 took place. After after many months, many games from "I Buy", "Monopoly", Rumikube, and SkipBo...I finally WON Skipbo. Josh and Jackie tried hard to still the win from me but it didn't work; no matter how mean they were...I WON ~ smile. But ugh, the winning only lasted for one game. I thought ok I won Skipbo let's try Rumikube...I would be so ready to go out, but somebody would go out before me. So the basking in the glory of the win was short lived but it was there.

Oh by the way, Jenna found out that "ugh" is a word... it means grunt. I told her for ME it is a "feminine" grunt.

Blessing #7 and tops the charts in my blessing. Back at the assembly God laid on my heart an individual to be our ladies retreat evangelist. She got back to me a few weeks after the assembly and said she didn't feel she could leave her church. I put a couple more invites out, and it looked like one was going to work. OK Lord maybe this is who want, but when things then began to fall a part on that one, I couldn't get away from the first individual God had placed on my heart. So I emailed her again and laid everything out for her. She called and said she really begin to pray again about what God wanted her to do...and Sunday night it was settled, the Lord help her find someone to cover her church and she's coming to Alaska. Sister Georgia Williams is going to be our guest for ladies retreat. They'll be coming up early, and Brother Jimmy will be coming with her as well as maybe a couple of others. I was thrilled to have anyone of the ladies that I invited and I know that they would've blessed us abundantly. But I never got away from the feeling that Sister Georgia was suppose to come.

So now another week began and today my boss was on vacation and I got lot done. After last week, I am looking up and seeing the small blessings that the Lord allows us to experience. Today's blessing...my husband called me at work and said let's spend some quality time together tonight. We'll get a bite to eat and go grocery shopping together. I really thought I'd come home and "chill" but who could pass up the blessing of grocery shopping with their husband. Not me, I always have to do it by myself. It was a good evening, now I think I'll head to bed.

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

*singing* SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS . . .
All kinds of good things; Praise the Lord!

Momma Tammi said...

So happy that Sister Georgia is coming out for Ladies' Retreat. Wish I could be there...they are very special to our family.

J Nowling said...

Sister Tammi - you know we'd love to have you at ladies retreat.

Momma Tammi said...

I think our retreat is the weekend before your's and since I'll just be getting back from Alaska, I don't think a quick turn-around will work. Great thought though.