Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nothing New Here

Literally, NOTHING NEW HERE! Church, work and home. I'm still battling this stupid cold. I actually feel pretty good in the mornings (I only coughed a lot on Monday night). Tuesday was Brother Nowling's birthday. All the girls had to work so the two of us went out to eat. I was pretty tired, but really hungry. BUT nothing stayed down. I think it may have been a combination of sick, exhausted and extremely hungry. Anyway, the next morning my stomach felt fine, I slept well and I felt ok. By the end of the day it seems like everything tightens up. My voice usually is almost gone. By morning it'll be scratchy but not so strained. Anyway, it's been the same all week. So if you would continue to pray I'd appreciate it.

I do want to say my husband is awesome. I was laying in bed one night and I heard him out here with Joleesa and Jessa. I'm not sure what all he was saying but they were really laughing. I laid there praising the Lord for the relationship he has with our daughters. Joleesa's been struggling with things spiritually (please pray for her) and we've been really praying for her and asking Lord to give us wisdom. One morning I came out and there was a paper laying on Joleesa's purse. Jody had left her a scripture that he felt God wanted her to be reminded of. I guess the next day he went out and bought index cards and he's left her others on occasion. We never know how the Lord is going to speak, but he is being obedient and hopefully something will start a spark within her. Anyway, after 26 years of marriage I "literally" felt that strong feeling in my chest, that feeling of LOVE for this man God gave me 26+ years ago. I know God has got young men out there like mine for our three girls. He can send them any time and I would be thrilled (for two out of the three girls anyway). ~ big sigh ~ just waiting for that son. In God's own time, I'm fine with that (most the time).

0 comments: