Monday, August 11, 2008

Trip Back from Assembly

3 hour delay in Chattanooga for Jessa and I due to leak in the brake line, sent plane with just us and the crew as they needed the plane in Chicago to go to Jacksonville. Got on in Chicago to Seattle, no problem. Stuck in Seattle for who knows how long as ALL flights are cancelled going into Anchorage due to a Volcano erruption in the Aluetion Chain; wind blowing ashes. Jenna just arrived. Jody and Joleesa some place over Canada. Last word we had was Anchorage wasn't allowing ANY flights in; don't know what will happen with them. Please pray, our jobs are effected as well as my pocket books.

It was cool to sit at the airport and be able to watch the assembly. Caught most of Sister Wilson's, missed the ending because of loading the plane. Caught Brother Chris Clarkson's and the appointments. Just as the appointments finished we had to board. The assembly was great. My Spirit is refreshed, but my body is tired and sick. The first flight my ears hurt so bad I cried. This last flight my ears are so plugged I can't hear....

I called my boss and his boss is actually IN the Aleution Islands over the weekend. He wasn't too happy about my not being there tomorrow but understood it was out of my control...gotta love flying.

I'm going to go meet Jenna in the baggage claim, and go to our expensive Day's Inn room (I'm sure businesses will take advantage of this).

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Hoping you made it home!