Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We're Home!!!

50+ hours from the time we left Cleveland we finally made it home. I want nothing to do with airports for a good long time. We finally got on a flight last night at about 7:30 pm and flew to Juneau AK and then after a 3 1/2 hour weather delay we were finally on our way to Anchorage. If we hadn't taken the Juneau flight we wouldn't have gotten out of Seattle until tonight. Our first trip to Alaska came back to me, and I suggested we check out Juneau and we made it on because some 5 individuals missed their connecting flight. Their pain became our relief. Juneau was a quiet relief from the busy Seattle airport. I've only been their the one other time, and as before just from the airport to a hotel. This time the hotel was the Best Western, but one of the nicest Best Western's I've ever been in. Queen size, comfortable beds, stove, refrigerator, microwave, small dining area (as if we needed all that). Just a really nice suite. They reduced the price considerably but everything in Juneau is expensive. But bottom line it just felt so goood to have "quiet". Even the 5 hours at the Juneau airport was actually a relaxing time. We got home a little after 2 pm, I got changed and headed right to work and worked until 8 pm. I now have to work Saturday as to make up for Monday. Ugh!!! But they were good to work with me. My boss's boss is still stuck in Dutch Harbor which is not far from the Aleution Chain where the volcanoes erupted.

During all this (both coming and going) I had a couple of times that I had melt downs. I just felt at my limit. Jessa was great as she tried to figure out the routes to go. She truly had a lot of stress on her as she was the one with the knowledge, but so much became judgement calls and all she did great. With me, I couldn't figure out "why" Jody and Joleesa made it home and they didn't have to be at work and those of us who did, didn't make it home. Just before the assembly I had a big question of "why" for God regarding some things. The assembly was great, with great victories but the question of "Why" still hung in my mind and then again regarding this flying experience. I don't how many times God reminded me, "His ways are not my ways, and His thoughts my thoughts". But God takes care of us. He answered a major prayer for me at the assembly and I am so thankful.

Though I am drained physically, my spirit is still rejoicing. We are so excited about getting into our building this weekend. Brother Nowling hopefully will pick up the key tomorrow. We're going to take our piano over, so we'll have to find a moving truck, ramp or something. I'm not sure how will get it all together but it'll be soooooo awesome to be in our own, bigger space.

Well I think I'm going to bed early tonight.

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

SO GLAD you finally made it home. Thank the Lord for protecting you and getting you safely home, even if it did take 3 times longer than normal. And I'm excited about your first Sunday in your own building. WA HOO!!! Let us know how it goes.

Netty said...

Sis. Nowling,
I just felt compelled from my heart to share with you something that happened to us yesterday.
I absolutely know about the "WHY?" question, both Bro. Sutton and I have been crying out to God over that these last few days to the point that I was beginning to get a little angry.
We went to visit this lady in the hospital and out of the blue she started talking about "Why?". She said we ask God that so much. We should just trust him. She said that someday we will understand and the "Why" just won't matter.Then she said that God doesn't want our "Can'ts" He wants our "Cans".
After that she just went back to talking about other things. Bro. Sutton said her daughter was behind her making a motion to say she was talking out of her head, but we knew God was using her to show us something.
Later, after church last night, both of us received the peace that we so desperately needed. We surrendered all.
God knows your faithfulness and desire to serve him and please him. He is our Father and cares about us.
You guys are doing a good work in Anchorage, keep trusting him!

Love ya!

J Nowling said...

Thanks Sister Vicky. I will definitely post after our first Sunday.

Sister Net, thanks for sharing. God's peace is the greatest gift as so many times we never get the answers to our "whys".

mek said...

I'm back! Mitzi