Saturday, May 19, 2007

I Just Wanted to Cry!!!

Jody and I went on awesome date today. He got up at 5:30 am to take Joleesa to work and I got up and started picking up the house. When he got home we worked together on the house until Jessa dropped Jenna off for the day. We took off at 7:30 am and headed to Seward, AK (Jenna stayed at the house until Joleesa got off work and they then went and did their own things). I wanted to go on the boat cruise but Jody wouldn't commit. But we did. We went on the Kenai Fjord 5 hour Resurrection Bay cruise. It's been a picture perfect day. Not a cloud in the sky. Temps in the high 60's. The Chugach boat pulled out at noon and we stopped Fox Island for a salmon buffet that came with the cruise (I had chicken because I'm still not real keen on salmon. The chicken was horrible, the salmon was great). We then headed back out towards the Gulf of Alaska and the Pacific Ocean. Mountains AND ocean, it doesn't get any better. But it did...we saw Orka whales. A school (I think that's what it was called) of residential miniture orcas (means this was there territory). Jody even saw go right under the boat. I videotaped it my new Canon Powershot S3 IS 10x 6.0 pixel camera (more about that coming)as you never knew where they were going to pop up. Then we saw sea lions. Yeah Sea Lions. We got really close. There were three huge rocks that probably altogether there were a good 30-50 sea lions. I got some awesome pictures with my fabulous camera. Oh and eagles were everywhere, I got some cool majestic eagle pictures. Then there more whales. I was taking pictures and nothing was happening. It said "memory card full". I screamed "oh no my memory card's full" (lots of laughter around me ~ grrr). But how could my 1K memory card be full, I'd probably only took about 30 pictures and the short video. But I'm not done this camera thing...Jenna and Joleesa always have. Soooo I started looking through my pictures and deleting ones that didn't turn out or multiples. Good I freed up some more space, took a fear more pictures and then started reviewing some and OH NO...NO IMAGES. I HIT "DELETE ALL" accidentally. I deleted all my beautiful Resurrection Bay, Gulf of Alaska, Pacific Ocean, Waterfalls, eagles, whales, sea lions, Fox Island pictures. I JUST WANTED TO CRY! I was so heart broken. Can I take the memory chip in my brain out and put in my computer. Please, please! When we went to disembark, I took another picture of the captain. He looked at me strangely because I had already taken one early of him steering the boat with his feet and then the whole crew at lunch. I looked at him and said "I accidentally deleted all my pictures". His response, "Oh no, we better just turn this thing around and start over" ~ smile. I actually was too exhausted to really even want that if it would have been possible.

I thank God though that I had the most wonderful day with my dear husband. We have not had a day like this together in such an activity that we BOTH mutually enjoyed in years. So my own personal memories will have to keep until we can do it again.

Although, maybe we'll do a cruise in another part of Alaska. Alaska is one of the most beautiful states, if NOT the MOST beautiful state ever. Though I'm loving the green, even in the winter it's beautiful.

Now I hunker (is that a word) down and finish getting things ready for Joleesa's graduation and open house next Friday and Saturday and then convention AND camp. Seeing all the campgrounds and camps a long the way, I'M READY FOR CAMP TO BE HERE!!! Oh wait, no I'm not, I've still got a lot of things to get ready. But the excitement is growing.

I really needed this day and I thank the Lord for giving us a Georgeous weather for it. I'm re-energized to work!!! Hey and next weekend I have a 4 day weekend 'cuz I have Friday off for Joleesa's graduation and Monday's Memorial day. Life's good! I'm tired and my face and lips are windburned. I'll sleep tonight! But first I need to go finish studying my SS lesson.

Have a great day in the Lord tomorrow.

PS By the way, the reason my memory card was full is Jenna thought she do me a favor and set my camera on high resolution so I could get a better picture ~ ugh. I WILL be reading my camera's instruction from cover to cover before Joleesa's graduation!!! Help, I need more time!!!

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Learning a new camera is both fun and frustrating, especially when you do things like deleting all the pictures you just took. I know exactly how sick you must have been. Glad you had such a wonderful day yesterday.

Vicki Smith said...

Oh, that "cruise" is SOOOOO wonderful! We saw a bunch of otters when we went, and we also saw some mountain goats up on a cliff. We didn't get to see any whales, though. I have memories and pictures in my mind that will remain. I'm SOOOO sorry you lost your digital pictures. *sniff, sniff* I guess you'll just have to schedule another trip! I would LOVE to take one again myself! Or a cruise up the Inside Passage. Alaska IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Rebekah Doran said...

I'm jealous. I've never made it any further than Eagle River. I would love to go on a cruise like that. Tell Bro. Nowling that I said he's the man.

Our mountain goats are starting to come out here now. By next week, we should be able to see lots of them at Glacier National Park, especially up at Avalanche Lake, where I like to hike.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.