Sunday, May 13, 2007

What's Happenin'!

What a week at work. Things are insanely busy again. I don't know if any of you follow the news about the pipeline going in here in Alaska. But Gov. Palin had a bill before congress called AGIA. It has something to do with the specifcations for companyies bidding on the work of putting in the pipeline. I don't follow politics very closely. But apparently there are 3 major gas companies that want to play a major role in this and Conoco is my account. Well the last minute on Friday all the gas companies were pulling their ads. What a mess we had trying to fee spaces. Between that and the controversy of the International Whaling Committee that's in town, the advertising world has been going bonkers. After working an hour late Friday I met the girls at Fletcher's, an Italian Restraunt in the hotel Jenna works in. Awesome food. ALMOST as good as Olive Garden. The waitress asked if Jenna was my daughter and I said "Ah yes, they all were". She went on to comment on how much she looked like me and every time she came back to the table she commented how neat it was for the three of us to be out together. And she was right! Then the girls and I walked down to Restoration Park that overlooked the inlet and had the mountains in the background. Awesome majesty of my Lord! It was a relaxing evening after a VERY stressful day at work.

Yesterday was a busy day. Cleaned, did laundry, ran errands, fought the crowd (and I mean crowd) at Cosco, finished grocery shopping at Fred Meyers, and prepared for Sunday School. Then today, Mother's Day has been a good day. Jenna, on behalf ofthe SS got each of the ladies a pkg of seeds and a beautiful plant, representing the seeds mother's plant in their children's life and after nurturing them the hope they will become beautiful in the things of the Lord. It was nice. Then we came home and Joleesa grilled out steak that I bought. Then some other young people came over and we played "I Buy" which they didn't honor me on Mother's Day as I lost terribly when usually I win that game.

Well church will be starting in about an hour. It's WMB service and Jessa had to work today so I'll be preaching for the service. AND then the week starts again. UGH!!!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.

0 comments: