Friday, May 11, 2007

Lots of Daylight and Joleesa's Done With School!!!

I'm sitting here at 10:30 pm and it's not quite dusk yet. We're getting about 17 hours of daylight and it is WEIRD. Our bedroom is dark enough with blinds and heavy curtains but it's hard to MAKE me go to bed. I'm one that doesn't take a nap during the day and though my body says it's bedtime, it's like, I can't it's sunny outside. I'm anemic and need to have 8 hours sleep to be able to get through a day and if I don't I have a tendency to get sick.

Joleesa's school is all done. I turn all her paperwork tomorrow. Her graduation ceremony is May 25th and her open house is the 26th. She now needs to get registered with UAA for two basics English and Math. And I have to get her everything for her open house. Yikes. But we'll be grilling out, so that'll be fun!

So recipes are typed and sent to Sister Smith (sorry Sister Smith, I didn't mean to make you fret), Joleesa's school is done,camp applications are done and out, camp staff is put together, and camp schedule is done. I still have to figure out transportation for everyone, buy the groceries, plan the banquet and find an icebreaker. Any good icebreaker games suggestions are welcomed. Also, I have to do the state treasurers report for convention and get our house ready for the Smiths and Sister Bishop. But things are getting checked off and that's good!

Work's back to being so fast paced again that I'm really hating DEADLINES. I get so many things thrown at me at once and everything is on deadline and I just have to scream at myself..."stop, finish this first", yeah right. It rarely works. I really love Friday's at 5:30 pm. Last weekend I don't think I even thought about work once. Which my boss always tells me when I leave to forget about the place and high fives me when I come back on Monday saying I did.

Well it's 10:45 pm, so much for 8 hours of sleep~grin.

7 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Don't fret about getting the house ready for us. We'll have other things to concern ourselves with besides checking out your housekeeping skills. We probably won't spend much time at your house anyway. --That's the philosophy I'm taking for MY house guests which will begin arriving tonight. I figure we'll spend little time here, so I'm not killing myself to make everything spotless. We'll all survive. It's more important to enjoy the fellowship.

Always Annette said...

Way to go JoJo!! Yahoo!!
Good Job!
I am proud of you!!!

Love,
Aunt Net

Momma Tammi said...

Congrats Joleesa on being done!

Sis. Net...are ya blogging again or just teasing us?

Sis. Jada...can you breathe now that homeschooling is complete?

J Nowling said...

Sister Vicki I will only do what's necessary because I know you won't be here much and I learned a long time ago by the time you get the bodies and their luggage and things in they don't see so much anyway. I am sooo looking forward to the fellowship.

I'll let Joleesa know about your posts Sis Net and Sis Tammi. She rarely reads blogs. Her thing is myspace so if you want to congrats there she'll see it.

And YES! YES! YES! YES! I am so glad it's done. I think I shouted more than she did. Jenna was motivated with school. Joleesa is our social butterfly and it was push, hound, harp, etc. But she did it. And I'm proud of her.

Always Annette said...

Sis. Tammi,
I am teasing. My blogger is so messed up I can't get to any of the private sights that I had permission for and I can't get it working right. I was surprised it even showed I had a blogger. Lol!
When I am feeling better I might try again. :0)

Sis. Jada,
I'll do that.

Sis. Smith,
Social Butterfly having to be pushed to do something that she is not interested in ... phlegmatic

J Nowling said...

Sis Annette, I actully think she is dominately Sanquin (sp?) coupled with Phlegmatic. There's the challenge ~smile.

Always Annette said...

Better than Melancholy with a spice of Choleric.