Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Ends of The Earth is In Alaska and it's Beautiful!

Jody, Joleesa and I went about 40 miles away past Palmer to the Sitsna River and I think mountains to Hatcher's Pass. It is AWESOME. We went until the world, I mean the roads in the mountain literally ended. There was an old mining town at the end. We'll go again and get out and walk around. Though it was still lots of light, it was getting late and we needed to get home. SO we'll go again. Let's see if my pictures tell it...







This is where it ENDED!

Here's Hatcher's Pass Lodge, the only thing up there other then the dead miners town. Pretty cool.

Joleesa took this standing up through the sunroof...she all but froze but got a great picture. Can you see the glacier?

This one is specifically for Brother Smith!

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Totally awesome pictures. I like the last one, but it makes me cold just looking at it. ~grin~

Vicki Smith said...

I'll be sure and show Brother Smith as soon as I get the chance. GORGEOUS pictures!