Monday, June 18, 2007

The Weekend is Past and the Week Lies Ahead

Well, after cleaning house. I went grocery shopping and then came back to the house and Joleesa, Jenna and I were going to go play mini golf and then Matthew came so he joined us. It was fun. Then we came back and the girls and I watched THR3E. Wierd movie.

Then Sunday we had the smallest crowd ever, just the Textures and us (and then Faith came for service). Most everyone was out of town. It was also Sunday morning that I blew not just once but twice as a pastor's wife. Sister Texter had talked to me seveal weeks ago about her having a garage sale and needing help. She didn't say when it was going to be and I offered to help her for her just to let me know when. I overheard her talking Wednesday night about having it this weekend but my offer didn't register with me that I had offered to help. Jessa told me she stopped in on Friday and still didn't click with me. Some how in the back of my head I was thinking she had her family to help her. Then on Sunday morning she mentions how her and Brother Texter were exhausted as they were up until 11:30 pm Saturday night cleaning everything up and getting ready for church Sunday morning and that they almost didn't come to church as they were so tired. Oh my, what a rotten pastor's wife I am...and here I had nothing going on.

Then for the second goof. I had emailed Faith about doing something on Saturday together and because I didn't know what to go do, I didn't call her until about 11 am on Saturday and she was already gone. I did leave a message but somehow she didn't get the first message. By the time she got my second message she made other plans. She had a good time but seemed disappointed, frustrated or something with me. What an idiot. I blew it twice.

Now I have trainng at work and still have to get my work done. Monster headache is what I have. I long to sleep one solid night. Between going to bed too late becasue of the long daylight hours, and my own personal summers at night, sleep has not entertained me.

Sorry about seeming all negative. I don't mean to. I do need to say we have had BEAUTIFUL weather. Brother Nowling and I have gone down to Ship Creek to watch the fishing and though last night was chilling it is relaxing to be outsidein God's beauty.

2 comments:

Two Short of a Dozen! said...

Hey Sis.Nowling! Just wanted to say "HI". Sorry your day was rough. Most people can empathize with you on "it just didn't register". I know I can. I hope your week is a good one. ~Teresa

Netty said...

reminds me of a song I sing to myself at times.
"Some days are diamonds, some days are coal. Sometimes the hard times just won't leave me alone." I really need to learn the rest of it. LOL!:)