Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Where There is No Night!

That's here (and Heaven). So is this a taste of heaven? Sometimes I think so with all it's beauty but then I'm reminded by "life" that "nope, not made it yet". But tomorrow is summer solstice and there's celebrations everywhere around here. Officially tomorrow the sun will not set at all. Although it really doesn't now. It has been gorgeous weather and Brother Nowling have even been trying to enjoy it in the evenings. Last night just our family (wow, yeah just our family) went to Buluga Point. Now the girls have been there several times but Brother Nowling and I have just driven by. We climbed the point and watched the tide come in. Pretty awesome. We met a group of young people here from Minnesota and Iowa that are on a mission team for five weeks, staying at the covenant church, helping to evangelize Anchorage. Some day The Church of God will have a mission team up here. I know Sister Sharon has spoke of it in the past. It was great sharing with them.

One last comment...little by little I'm learning to GO BED even if it LOOKS like it's noon outside and it seems like it's the warmest part of the day.

For those of you who don't know, a young man named Damon Boyles of TN, passed away from an asthmus attack. This is the second young person we know who has died this way. It is so hard on family and friends. He leaves behind a young life. I didn't know this young man personally, just know who he is but as you go about your day, remember them all in prayer. He, himself is in a place "Where there is no night" as he knew our Lord as His personal saviour, but the family will be feeling a great loss as he should have had so many more years to share with them. But the Comforter is able to be there for them all.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Another gorgeous blog template by our favorite blog artist! Classy!

I've been in almost constant prayer for the young widow, Kasey. May God grant her the peace that passeth understanding and guide her path. Only God can give real comfort at a time like this. Praise God that Damon was ready to meet the Lord. It's a solemn reminder that God can call us home at any moment and it pays to be ready to go! Damon is shouting on the streets of gold, while we mourn the loss of his presence. It's such a good thing for him and such a bad thing for those who are left here. One day we hope to join him. Thank God for that promise!

J Nowling said...

Thanks. She's working on somethng special for me but I told her I so needed a change, please just give me something quick and simple. I really like it. But I need my links back ~ pout.

I don't know them personally but my heart has been heavy throughout the day for her. Time is sooo short. Lord let me take advantage of everyone of them for You.

The Middle J said...

I should let everyone know so they don't assume I DID NOT MAKE THIS I don't want to credit for what is not mine.

She was satisfied with this while I chip away at the list of blogs I have to do