Saturday, June 16, 2007

Lonely, I'm So Lonely

Yeah. Lonely in city of thousands. I always look forward to the weekend but other than house cleaning (which I hate~I know some pastor's wife I am), I don't know what to do. My best friend, my love, my husband is sleeping. With his shift now we are like ships passing (but not in the night). I love doing things with him, even though some times we have a hard time coming to an agreement on what to do. I don't like driving places on my own. Jessa and Joleesa both works so that leaves Jenna which I do enjoy being with, but I want my husband. I wouldn't mind if I even had a girlfriend to hang out with once in awhile, but I don't remember the last time I had one of them. I think I have a protective shield around me that doesn't allow me to get to close to people because I've been hurt too many times, or I have had to move. So I guess it's my own fault to certain extent. Oh well. I do thank God for my daughters, and I do enjoy the youth but they don't always want me taking along.

Anyway, I need to finish laundry, house work and then go get Jenna so we can get the Father's day gifts for church. Faith said she might go do something with me too, but I can't figure out what to do. Go figure...

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

7 comments:

Netty said...

Come get me. I would love to go shopping or sight seeing with you some time. There's not many sightseeing opportunities here unless you have a boat.

PS. Yes my blog is back on and I am not teasing.

Momma Tammi said...

So...did you find something fun to do? I'm been chatting with a new 12-year old, playing computer games and seriously thinking about getting back to my book. There are things that I really should be doing...but this is Saturday...who wants to WORK!? ~giggle~

Yea! Sis. Net's back and she isn't teasing! I'm so happy, I'm so happy, na-na-na-na-nah! ~grin~

J Nowling said...

Sis Net I wish it was that easy. I don't know where the idea came from that if someone works at AA they can go get someone else and they can travel back free. We haven't found that to be so. I sure wish it was.

Sis Tammi. Nope. I cleaned house until about 11 am then went and got Jenna and went to Fred Meyer to get groceries and look for some new blue slacks as somehow the ones I recently bought got ruined in the wash - white spots on them. Not exactly like bleach spots, I can't figure it out. And now a pair of Jody's uniform pants have it. UGH. Any way I shopped and shopped and got nothing other than groceriec and a bocce set that was on sale. I'm not sure what tonight will hold. I was hoping to go play miniture golf with Faith but I haven't heard from her. I may just put a puzzle together.

Netty said...

Oh well, then you can come see me and we can go to Bethel Walmart. LoL!

Momma Tammi said...

My book and two movies won out for me.

J Nowling said...

I was going to have Jenna and Joleesa go play miniture golf with me and then Matthew showed up and we all went and played. I am now watching the movie THR3E. I had bought Matthew te book for Christmas so when I heard Megan say it's out video I mentioned it to Matthew and he went and rented but he went home. Chicken.

Vicki Smith said...

Sometimes I get lonely, but I'm NEVER bored. There are just too many things I'm interested in doing/accomplishing. Since my husband accepted his new "job" I see less of him than I ever have. And when he IS home, his mind is often elsewhere. It's an adjustment. But God always pays for what He orders, i.e., He'll give grace to accept our new circumstances with cheerfulness if we'll just let Him. Reading a book or putting a puzzle together sounds like fun to me! Or sitting and watching a movie . . . that sounds good, too. I haven't had time to sit and watch a movie in eons.