Saturday, July 14, 2007

Copper River Reds Salmon

Brother and Sister Texture gave us some Copper River Red Salmon. I understand the Copper River isn't open for everyone to fish AND it produces the best Red Salmon. Well I still hadn't become real fond of Salmon yet and I had never cooked it, yet grilled it before in my life...but...my mother-in-law and her friend, Barb (who by the way, I've been having a great time with both of them), are here and we wantedto grill it for them. I asked my boss, who is always grilling out and loves every kind of seafood there is, for a recipe. Here's what he wrote down for me butter, White Worstershire sauce, lemon pepper, Lawry's season salt, garlic, brown sugar and lemon juice. No amounts of any kind. So...I just went at it. He said grill with the skin down and slow and when it's done the meat will slide out on the spatula leaving the skin behind (you may have all known this but this was new to me ~smile). I did and it turned out PERFECT and I LOVED IT, and so did everyone else, except Joleesa. Ugh, that girl is worse then me at getting that "idea" of fish and the "smell" of fish out of her head. It was really good. AND I DID IT!

By the way, does that make me a true Alaskan now?

I'm looking forward to having a good service tomorrow and then in the afternoon the youth and I will be going out to do a combo scavenger hunt/pass out tracts and revival fliers. Please pray we have a good turn out of young people. Jeremy, there are lots of prayers going up for you.

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Congrats on grilling the salmon. I'm with Jo on this one...no thank you! But, I am happy that you had success in fixing it and that you enjoyed it.

Let me know how the scavenger hunt goes. Also...very glad to hear that your visit is going so well.

Vicki Smith said...

Hi! Just got home from the KY Convention. It was GREAT!
I'm not sure what makes you a "real Alaskan" but I think it's got to be something more than grilling salmon--lots of people who've never been to Alaska do that. There's got to be some other criteria. Not being a true Alaskan myself, however, I don't know what it is. :]

connie said...

Hey,
I don't know what it takes to be a true Alaskan, but I guess the state says if you live here for one year, you are a resident, which would be an Alaskan.
But just for fun, go to this website and take this quiz. If you can pass it with .... hmmm... what score.. then perhaps you are an Alaskan.
:)
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/8439/Alaska_Sourdough_Quiz.htm