Saturday, July 07, 2007

Yipee! Sister Tammi's Got Her Voice Back!

Now Brother Ray's not necessarily saying Yipee, but I wasn't wanting to have to be the only one doing the talking. I have been having a great visit with these two precious people. It has been so long since I have spent time like this, just doing nothing but fellowshipping. I got in at 8:10 am and Sister Tammi and went to breakfast, and we came back to the house and I expected to shower and change to go the cemetary service that Brother Ray was officiating over. He reiterated his wife's email message to me that I didn't have to go, I was still going to but when he said they would only be gone about 1 1/2 hours I thought my body really does need a nap. I made myself comfortable on their couch and was out in seconds (I hadn't slept much on the flight as the man two seats down from - the seat next me was empty, PTL, had such body odor it was terrible, with their cat Sasha laying on me. Now I'm not an animal fan, but I don't hate them, and it was cozy having her on me and I slept really sound until I turned over and heard the loud thud...oops Sasha is now been thrown on the floor, but I didn't realize that until later. It was a very refreshing nap, and when they said they'd be back at noon they were.

We literally visited all day about the joys and trials of life. Then we went out for Mexican (my choice) and I had the Chimichonga (?) outside of El Patio in Menomonie. Then we drove around town and girls, I saw cows again. Not moose cows, how cool is that~ great big grin. AND girls I had DAIRY QUEEN with no wait ~smile. Anchorage got a new DQ and we've been wanting to go but the lines have been miles long (not an exageration). We came back and visited some more and then went to bed. I slept well and was up 8 am and the visiting has been going on again today. We'll be going to the store in a little bit and then Brother Ray's going to grill out and then I'm trying to convince Brother Ray and Darren to play some cames with us. Darren says if we'll play monopoly, ugh! Brother Ray (or Tammi in his behalf) says Dominoes ~ I can handle that. I'll have to let you know what we wind up playing and with whom ~ grin.

It just feels so good to be here!

3 comments:

The Middle J said...

Poor Darren no one ever wants to play Monopoly w/ him hehe

Momma Tammi said...

Voice is gone again. Glad you made it home okay. I'll e-mail later.

Vicki Smith said...

I didn't find your post until just now. I knew you were gone for the weekend and didn't expect to see anything from you until at least today. I'm glad you had a nice time!