Sunday, July 29, 2007

An Infestation of Germs

No not JERM! Germs. Actually Jeremy was the first to get sick. But PTL he was able to still complete the revival. At times he thought it was just allergies, but it was a cold. He was able to get a lot of rest, and although the cough is still there, he is definately doing better. But Brother Nowling and Jessa have been really sick. They've had to continue going to work as there are so many sick and/or vacation that the airlines is really shorthanded so they had to stick it out, fever and all. Brother Nowling's week at AA at least is done but Jessa is actually covering a partial shift for someone so is having to put in a 12 hour day. They both so need your prayers.

By the way, I just read Northwest Airlines cancelled 166 flights this weekend due to pilots calling in sick! Ouch! I'm flying out of Chicago to Chattanooga for IYC on Northwest. I hope they get their act together before then.

Brother Nowling won't be going to church this morning. Both for his sake and the members sake. He doesn't want to pass it on. So I'm preaching. As I was thinking about it dawned on me if I preach that would mean I'd teach SS, lead song service and then preach. Not to good of idea for several reasons. So Jenna, Jeremy and I were sitting outside enjoying the beautiful Alaska 70 degree weather about 8 pm last night and I asked Jenna about teaching, and asked Jeremy about leading song service. Though neither jumped at the opportunity Jeremy made a deal with Jenna that he would if she would. I know God can use us all.

3 comments:

Netty said...

Poor Bro. Nowling and Jessa!!!
I think I have caught something from your blog.
I feel feverish, nauseated and bone weary! (Not that I am complaining. LOL!) we'll be praying for the sick ones!
Have a good service!

Vicki Smith said...

I hope everyone is recuperating! Are you guys okay?

J Nowling said...

Sis Vicki, thanks for your concern. We're ok. Life's been "different" these days. Heather Mac just got stationed here at Elmendorf and Jeremy's been here, all right after Jody's mom and friend was here. Things have been kind of topsy turvy. But we're ok.