Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Update

Well obviously I'm back from the Adams' It was a great visit. They have so become family to us. We didn't really do much of anything but relax and visit. God was so good to give Sister Tammi her voice back while I was there as we shared so much together as did Brother Ray. I love them dearly. I did play Monopoly with Darren. Not just any Monopoly but MEGA Monopoly. That's what's it's called. There are additional properties (4 vs 3 to make a set). You don't just buy houses and motels, but you can buy skyscrapers (while they last). You also put train depots on the railroads. It was fun, but I got whipped. Darren made it a slow death for me as I kept landing on his skscrapers and I didn't have the $2500 to pay it he took whatever I offered until I finally said, it's ok for him to win (it was midnight) ~ grin. I would like to play again with more people.

I got home at 1:30 am and really didn't sleep much that night cuz of things that Brother Nowling had shared with me when I got home. I felt the burden, but the weekend gave me more of a calm to be able to deal with some of the things.

Monday night we cleaned house and got the room ready for my mother-in-law and her friend that were coming in Tuesday. AND I went to bed at 9:30 pm. I just couldn't keep going.

Tuesday when I got here they were here. Excited and raring to go. They're in their late 70's and early 80's. This is my mother-in-laws first time flying. She is in awe. Barb, her friend is a hoot. She's travelled alot as she has retired from Northwest Airlines (that's how Mona, Jody's mom was willing to come). We went to dinner last night at The Peanut Farm and saw all kinds of Pink and King Salmon swimming in Campbell Creek right outside the restraunt. It was great. Then we went over to the WildBerry Company for them to see the huge Chocolate Fountain. We had get home so that I could do the state books so we didn't do any real sightseeing.

Today Jessa is taking them to Baluga Point and Aleyska and they are going to take the Tram. Tomorrow hopefully Joleesa (she needs to find someone to cover for her)will be taking them around.

Oops it's late I've got to get to work. Have a good day

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

The Peanut Farm? Next to the Wild Berry Factory? Was it good? It must be in those buildings that are behind the Wild Berry Factory? I wish we'd have taken the time to explore those new buildings when we were there. Next time. =)

J Nowling said...

It's just down from the Wild Berry Co. Very good food. We'd never ate there ourselves. Their mozzerella sticks were huge and they have sweet potato french fries.

We've not taken the time yet to check out those buildings either. One of these days.

Momma Tammi said...

Sounds like a blast! Glad they are enjoying themselves.